• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Generation Z

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post

52% of the population are thick.
    Interestingly that's exactly the % who are net receivers from the state.
    I blame the 80s policy of prioritising a flat for single mums. They bred and their children bred and so on.
    By "thick" do you mean stupid or foolish? There is a big difference.

Educated Bremainers may not be stupid, but arguably time will confirm that they were foolish and in retrospect the Brexiters were the opposite
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Wasn't that local council policy?
      Sorry I thought Thatcher was running the country. If councils were doing wrong then she could or should have stepped in.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Sorry I thought Thatcher was running the country. If councils were doing wrong then she could or should have stepped in.
        New to Toxteth?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          New to Toxteth?
          Inner city London, Chapeltown, St Pauls,...

No not Thatcher's fault at all....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I blame the 80s policy of prioritising a flat for single mums. They bred and their children bred and so on.

People Getting Dumber? Human Intelligence Has Declined Since Victorian Era, Research Suggests
            No 52% of the population fail badly when they are dragged through a system that is only there to prove how well teachers can drill facts into a child. If we were faster to pull out the practical skilled from those that are good at recollection then we would be far better at skilling people for their lives.

Comment

Miss V turned in 10 A*->C results. She is off to do the A levels she wants. #ProudDad

Must get her brains from Mrs V after all she was intelligent enough to marry me!

The ones where she got less than expected were where her controlled assessments had been centrally moderated last year. A whole load of papers were randomly re-marked by the exam board and dropped 1-2 grades with little explanation. I suspect the drop in results is down to tougher marking centrally than ability.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

7/7

I guessed the Queen.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

LM Jr got his grades (mostly A-C, he hates Spanish so we don't mention it) and is on the college course that he wants. Happy enough days but he's a bit disappointed.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3293846.html
                    Interestingly enough that was a social experiment to empower women to allow them to have children and also a career to ultimately increase the population despite an increase in reluctance of men to do the right thing and provide for the child.

Mixed results as you see now but it helped make the UK a more equal place.

:-/

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      LM Jr got his grades (mostly A-C, he hates Spanish so we don't mention it) and is on the college course that he wants. Happy enough days but he's a bit disappointed.
                      Ay caramba!

Comment

Working...
                      X