• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot motor yer driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I had one for a few years, I got rid of it about 12 years ago I think. An enthusiast bought it - I regretted selling it ever since. He's had a lot of work done to it and is now selling it again. I'm properly tempted. It was the funnest car I've ever had.
    Yeah. Friend of mine got a G60 at the same time I got a 3.0 Supra. Although mine was sportier his certainly got most of the attention. His was a classic and mine just got old and looked v dated. I've thought about getting my childhood fave cars but I have a feeling once I get them the lack of power steering and awful engines etc will just disappoint so I've held off for now. Happy just looking for now.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Yeah. Friend of mine got a G60 at the same time I got a 3.0 Supra. Although mine was sportier his certainly got most of the attention. His was a classic and mine just got old and looked v dated. I've thought about getting my childhood fave cars but I have a feeling once I get them the lack of power steering and awful engines etc will just disappoint so I've held off for now. Happy just looking for now.

Why don't you ask your accountant, he's likely to have just a spare 5 minutes
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Why don't you ask your accountant, he's likely to have just a spare 5 minutes

Comment

Heavy night last night
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Hhmm, I always heard bad things about the supercharger, so I opted for the VR6.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Hhmm, I always heard bad things about the supercharger, so I opted for the VR6.
              Deffo the best one. We were in our early 20s so cost of the car and insurance was a bit of a limiting factor

Comment

Deffo the best one. We were in our early 20s so cost of the car and insurance was a bit of a limiting factor

I was mid twenties and didn't really eat cos all my money went on the car / booze.

Happy days....!
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                  200,000 up this morning. I'm a bit ahead of schedule.
                  Been WFH a fair bit so only just passed 210K. Infuriatingly I had to get the cheque book out last month when the wipers packed in. It's only 15 years old FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                    Been WFH a fair bit so only just passed 210K. Infuriatingly I had to get the cheque book out last month when the wipers packed in. It's only 15 years old FFS.
                    Still got my car from when I first went contracting, 20 years ago, splashed out for a 2 seat kit car, still going strong, but needs some TLC now and again. 25 years old now and only 65K miles. Had a Saab from new and got rid at 10 years old, with 170K on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X