• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot motor yer driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've at least 40 cars, mostly crap, but with some highlights. Crap ones first...

1. Some sort of Volvo 360GLi with broken power steering and a speedo that said none mph all the time.

2. Several Renault 21 Savannah's to make one good one which never happened. Was skint at the time with five kids to ferry about.

3. Maserati BiTurbo, shed of a car.

4. Mini Metro, used to shimmy left/right at the front all the time...

5. Renault 19 with the most alarming big end knock that never actually crapped out.

The good stuff;

1. Cadillac CTS, just got rid cos I don't drive anymore

2. Alfa 75 TS, best drive of all the cars I've had.

3. Lancia Gamma Coupe, had two of those, beautiful car

4. 1976 Aston Martin DBS V8, only had it a few weeks, clutch was monumentally heavy, left leg was shaking after the East Lancs Road commute I was on then.

5. Audo Quattro 200, unstickable.

6. Cadillac Convertible, 1963, cool as fook, rusted away....

7. Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, 1975, 8.2 litre, 180hp, but could pull a tree stump out of the ground easy...

Comment

TTs popular with ladies because it's the car they aspire to drive...

"Am I gay?", by DimPrawn

Comment

Currently driving a Jag XF. Brilliant motorway cruiser. So good, I got in the back and had a kip on the M6 the other week.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          You want a couple of inches in your backside?
          FTFY
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Jag X something (not sure?), and a Rangerover Vogue.

The Rangerover is currently in the garage, and I'm told it needs a new autocooler and two injectors, among a few other assorted bits and bobs.

One of the front headlights has also gone, and apparently to fix this something called a ballast pack (£574 + VAT new) needs replacing. Jesus, couldn't it just have been a bulb?! Why does everything have to be electronic these days and so damnably complicated and expensive?

Looking at over £2K for what I thought would be a £300 service and MOT
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

To all you Jag owners - you are in good company

Last edited by DodgyAgent; 31 August 2016, 16:27.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Peugeot 5008
                VW Scirocco (I went out to buy a Volvo and got in a muddle)

Comment

Toyota avensis- complete dad's car/taxi but looking at leasing.

About to pull the trigger on the new e-class or 4 series gran coupe or xf. No options on any but people have said that the xf 2.2 is nowhere near as much fun as the 3.0
                  Last edited by Antman; 31 August 2016, 17:10.

Comment

Comment

Another Jag here. XF R Sport Black.

Comfy motorway cruiser, but still enough fun for me on the twisties.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X