• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official Total Disaster - Sainsburys have changed their lunch meal deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    But wasn't this change for the worse? That's what the complaints are about.

Publicity isn't much good if it is adverse, unless Sainsbury's, with a big song and dance, now return to the former meal deal. Maybe that's been the plan all along!
    No publicity is bad publicity unless you are a politician.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Actually, I think you'll find that they tweet to a few friends that follow them, in much the same way you might chat with your mates down the pub, if you have any

If you don't like it, complain to the journalists that scour social media for ordinary people's conversations because it's easier than doing some journalism. Or, as you don't like to complain, just don't read the stories or threads. Sorted!
      And remove the opportunity to put my ill informed small minded rants on the internet - not likely!

In terms of chatting with my mates down the pub - I do my updates in person and if I decided to start a conversation about Sainsbury's meal deal in the pub I would probably be told to fook off - because it is really not an interesting topic.

I would post a look at all the f....'s I don't give meme but that would probably annoy the mods....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        That's clearly not true. I doubt Sainsbury's would sell more sandwiches if people started complaining they'd found used plasters and fingernails in their sandwiches.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Gerald Ratner would beg to differ.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            And remove the opportunity to put my ill informed small minded rants on the internet - not likely!

In terms of chatting with my mates down the pub - I do my updates in person and if I decided to start a conversation about Sainsbury's meal deal in the pub I would probably be told to fook off - because it is really not an interesting topic.

I would post a look at all the f....'s I don't give meme but that would probably annoy the mods....
            If you were having lunch at the client and Sainsburys were one of the closest options I'm sure you would have a conversation about how Sainsburys is now a rip off and it's better to go elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              That's clearly not true. I doubt Sainsbury's would sell more sandwiches if people started complaining they'd found used plasters and fingernails in their sandwiches.
              Well, actually more people would go in and have their new deals just to comment about their experience and fury about how bad it was. All people care about these days is rant fury in social media.
              Wahooo... There is your increased sales.
              As they say, every little helps , good or bad. This is probably Sainsbury's version of tesco's logo nowadays.

If people are idiots, who can blame the businesses.
              Last edited by Milkyway; 7 September 2016, 19:58.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Yes and it even have an outside seating area full of smoking chavs....
                Don't knock smokers, if you're from Portugal you must surely know it's compulsory to smoke (and one of the few places you can still smoke in bars). It is a wonderful place, and will remain on my holiday shortlist for that reason (plus the food, wine and scenery, especially the Douro region, which are all rather good.)
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Don't knock smokers, if you're from Portugal you must surely know it's compulsory to smoke (and one of the few places you can still smoke in bars). It is a wonderful place, and will remain on my holiday shortlist for that reason (plus the food, wine and scenery, especially the Douro region, which are all rather good.)
                  You've not been able to smoke inside in Turkey for 8 years and they smoke as a national hobby...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    You've not been able to smoke inside in Turkey for 8 years and they smoke as a national hobby...
                    I didn't mention Turkey, have never been, and most likely will never go. Not since I watched Midnight Express, anyway...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      I didn't mention Turkey, have never been, and most likely will never go. Not since I watched Midnight Express, anyway...
                      Turkey was a nice place to visit until bits of it randomly started going "boom"...

Comment

Working...
                      X