• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

apple upgrade plan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know if you have to give the old one back when you upgrade? if not its a good deal as you can stick it on the business and then recycle the phones through the family each year

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Isn't using an Apple without a case just asking for trouble? I don't think your requirements really match up with your solution.. Sounds like your standard fanboi excuse to me.

Fook me, for "only" £500 a year with no phone plan.

He should look in the mirror to check he hasn't got "MUG" tattooed on his forehead
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Fook me, for "only" £500 a year with no phone plan.

He should look in the mirror to check he hasn't got "MUG" tattooed on his forehead
        Jesus you're such a kid.

It's 37£ For 7plus a month for 12 months then you hand your phone back and take another for 12 months
        Last edited by diseasex; 8 September 2016, 11:24.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          Jesus you're such a kid.

It's 37£ For 7plus a month for 12 months then you hand your phone back and take another for 12 months
          Then its not really worth it. I doubt many contractors will have a cash flow issue if they buy the phone up front. and then at least they get to give that phone to other family members when they fancy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
            Jesus you're such a kid.

Where is my ref to £500 per year without phone plan incorrect, then?

128GB £38.45/mo.
            £49 upfront payment required

£510.40
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Anew phone every year even if they haven't released a new model?

Cost aside isn't that horrendous from an environmental (or just plain common sense) perspective... or will you be able to sign up at a cheaper rate to get a "new" 1-year old phone every year?!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It turns out to be a credit agreement (interest free loan) from Barclays which I don't feel is attractive.

I think I'll stick with my plan of buy the phone, make it last 2 years, recycle to family then buy a new one.

But I have to say, it's not untempting.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Then its not really worth it. I doubt many contractors will have a cash flow issue if they buy the phone up front. and then at least they get to give that phone to other family members when they fancy a new one.
                  It's not worth it the same as car leasing is not worth it and yet people buy them.And yet people take 50£ a month 2 year contract with carriers. How much do you pay for your phone contract?

As with everything it's worth considering. Might be a good life quality upgrade for people that use their phones often

I'm far from advertising that though.
                  Last edited by diseasex; 8 September 2016, 12:10.

Comment

Some interesting thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Lack of jack is major problem for me. Being music guy I have sennheiser momentum and now what? How can I charge and listen at the same time when the phone can't survive a day at work without charging....

Comment

Working...
                      X