• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joining IPSE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 IPSE membership is a no brainer.

Comment

I claimed on the PCG Jury Service cover. I forget the exact figures, but it's not far off to say that it covered 10 years of PCG membership.

Comment

Don't forget if you are a well respected, highly knowledgeable contractor, revered by your clients and peers alike you can make quite a lot of it back through the referral scheme as well!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

And as far as I can remember, Qdos have never spent over £1 million taking a case to the House of Lords to set a legal precedent that benefits many contractors.
          Wow one case. At the moment they are failing in everything. I see them as a trade union and some of their members on here like their pushers, bullying those who don't want to belong to this club of . I hate trade unions. I tried one year of membership and it's complete rubbish

Jury cover, sickness cover all jokes, a couple of days money if you're out for 6 months it's not going to make any difference.

cashback website? Quidco and Topcashback have way better deals and more

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Wow one case. At the moment they are failing in everything. I see them as a trade union and some of their members on here like their pushers, bullying those who don't want to belong to this club of . I hate trade unions. I tried one year of membership and it's complete rubbish

Jury cover, sickness cover all jokes, a couple of days money if you're out for 6 months it's not going to make any difference.

Looks like you've made your mind up and there is no convincing you otherwise so fair enough.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Looks like you've made your mind up and there is no convincing you otherwise so fair enough.
              Indeed. Schiller got it spot on...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Wow one case.
                Yep - £1 million plus. It costs a lot of money to go to the highest court in the land, even if you do win at every stage of the process. No commercial organisation will do that for one of their customers, yet IPSE has done so for a member and would fight a similar case again and again.

If you are called up on jury duty, then the IPSE policy will pay up to £500 per day to reduce (or totally cover) the loss to your business. If you don't see that as a benefit, then maybe a trip to Specsavers is in order
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Have you considered giving shares to your spouse? If so, you've benefited from that one case. I suspect you've also benefited from the case law that has been established round IR35.

I don't know what the "everything" they're failing in at the moment is. Are you still able to claim T&S if you're outside IR35? Are they currently arguing against the proposed public sector changes?

Stating the benefits that IPSE membership offers, and/or the wins they have made isn't bullying. If you don't want to join, then don't. The good news is that you'll still continue to benefit from any campaign "wins", even if you're not covered for your jury service

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Don't forget if you are a well respected, highly knowledgeable contractor, revered by your clients and peers alike you can make quite a lot of it back through the referral scheme as well!
                    Quite!

Comment

Working...
                    X