• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irish Passport & EU Freedom or stay Brit for SC Security clearance work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tightfit View Post
    Let me see now - how many non government organisations ask for SC ?

Well theres:
    Rolls Royce, Fujitsu, HP, BAE Systems, Experian, Pomeroy and a multitude of Network Operation Centres
    require their Cisco router engineers to be SC cleared these days.
    There's more, I'm sure.
    Almost forgot - The Met Office in Exeter & maybe The Ordnance Survey in Southampton and DVLC in Swansea, lets start a thread on all these organistions that require SC of their contractors and employees.
    Last edited by Tightfit; 20 September 2016, 13:51.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      You are making a lot of assumptions about the clearance process. It's not about "loyalty to the crown" it's about whether you can be trusted to handle sensitive information, whether you are at risk of blackmail or other coercion, or subject to circumstances where you might be tempted to profit from the access you have.

Provided you are open and honest in the information you give then the chances are that unless you are heavily in debt, have a drug or gambling problem or a criminal past involving fraud or theft, you will be cleared. Lying on the application is generally what gets you refused clearance.

Despite what the frothing Brexiters might say, we do actually trust our European partners on security matters and having a partner or other family who hold dual nationality or may have changed nationalities for another European country is really neither here nor there. Brexit really won't change anything with regard to getting clearance. Nationality only really becomes an issue if it involves countries we don't trust like Russia, China and large parts of the Middle East.
      Got it straight from the Vetting Agencies helpline yesterday. Your parents change of nationality does make a material difference to any existing or future application for
      SC, DV, etc, etc and must be declared - irrespective of whether their new
      nationality is to one of our buddy, buddy allies or not.

As you say it might not make any difference to anyone's present or future SC - unlike those more serious ones, you listed above but it has to be declared nevertheless.
      Last edited by Tightfit; 20 September 2016, 13:57.

Comment

Almost forgot - The Met Office in Exeter & maybe The Ordnance Survey in Southampton and DVLC in Swansea, lets start a thread on all these organistions that require SC of their contractors and employees.
        The Met Office is still a government agency, just moved from the MOD to BIS
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Been DVLA for yonks!!

Comment

Got it straight from the Vetting Agencies helpline yesterday. Your parents change of nationality does make a material difference to any existing or future application for

As you say it might not make any difference to anyone's present or future SC - unlike those more serious ones, you listed above but it has to be declared nevertheless.
            Yes you have to declare it, but it's not going to stop you getting or retaining clearance. Not declaring it would be seen as deception on the application and see it thrown out.

I really am struggling to see what your point is about all this. Brexit is not going to affect anyones chances of getting clearance.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Not sure if this is relevant, but I am adopted, so I had a name change about 46 years ago. My dearly beloved just went through (the highest) clearance for her new role, and I had to track and trace my original birth certificate as part of the process. At great expense, I did obtain said item, but the handwriting was of such poor quality that I could have claimed to have been bleedin' anybody. Any suggestions?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Not sure if this is relevant, but I am adopted, so I had a name change about 46 years ago. My dearly beloved just went through (the highest) clearance for her new role, and I had to track and trace my original birth certificate as part of the process. At great expense, I did obtain said item, but the handwriting was of such poor quality that I could have claimed to have been bleedin' anybody. Any suggestions?
                My birth certificate is written in black ink so I wouldn't worry about it. As long as they can see the area of the country you were born in then they can check for themselves on that local authority register.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Yes you have to declare it, but it's not going to stop you getting or retaining clearance. Not declaring it would be seen as deception on the application and see it thrown out.

I really am struggling to see what your point is about all this. Brexit is not going to affect anyones chances of getting clearance.
                  British jobs for British & Irish workers !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X