• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you middle class? (according to the Daily Mail)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you middle class? (according to the Daily Mail)

I score 0% based on their criteria of owning dubious crap and being a brand whore.

I must therefore be upper class. I will check later with my butler.

Usual dross from the Wail.

Most of the %'s are so small, anyway, what on earth are they trying to prove?

The Aga is the most hilarious, I thought you were middle class if you had a Wimpy home, these days, nowhere near enough space to have an Aga.
    They are normally sat in houses outside London, worth a lot more than the middle classes can afford.

My butler is now claiming that he is middle class, as I lend him the Brompton to get the groceries and I gave him a couple of Jam albums on vinyl
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

ah written by Mr Ettytwerp

The list was created by etiquette expert William Hanson for insurers esure. He said: ‘The middle classes have always been known for their love of material possessions and for keeping up with their neighbours, with suburban one-upmanship taking place on a daily basis.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've got a Rayburn, came with the house. It's about 40 years old and runs on oil. Great when there's a power cut in winter, you still have a working cooker.
        As for things like a "Smart TV", how many "lower class" people have them, and what about "upper class" ones?
        Their question should be "do you read the Daily Mail?"
        Answer Yes, you aspire to being upper middle class, but are actually a lower middle class snob with delusions of grandeur and believe that immigrants give you cancer while your house price is not affected by the tax credits you get (and tax reductions you make), but by the benefits cheats who make the headlines.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I've got a Rayburn, came with the house. It's about 40 years old and runs on oil. Great when there's a power cut in winter, you still have a working cooker.
          As for things like a "Smart TV", how many "lower class" people have them, and what about "upper class" ones?
          Answer Yes, you aspire to being upper middle class, but are actually a lower middle class snob with delusions of grandeur and believe that immigrants give you cancer while your house price is not affected by the tax credits you get (and tax reductions you make), but by the benefits cheats who make the headlines.
          Great rant.

Welcome back
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Most of the %'s are so small, anyway, what on earth are they trying to prove?
            As for things like a "Smart TV", how many "lower class" people have them, and what about "upper class" ones?.
            But now the readers can go ohh I have XYZ so I must be middle class or ohh I need XYZ to be middle class.

Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Great rant.

Welcome back
              I'm not back, just heading up towards the equator later today, then crossing it tomorrow to stay in a "tent" for a few days. Might be last chance at internet connection for a while.

Comment

You can tell all that just from a photograph?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'm not back, just heading up towards the equator later today, then crossing it tomorrow to stay in a "tent" for a few days. Might be last chance at internet connection for a while.
                  Enjoy, Africa bound?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Technically speaking I'm in Africa, just not on the "mainland", but yes, Nairobi tonight, Samburu tomorrow, Masai Mara a few days later, after that finishing with a bit of charity work at an elephant orphanage.

Comment

Working...
                    X