• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The worst interview location.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My "worst interview" was in 1992 fresh out of college. A phone interview, where I had to phone the interviewer on his mobile phone. I chose to phone from a public phone box. Trouble is I never realised how expensive calls to mobiles were in those days, especially from phone boxes.
    I dialed the number, put in a 50p coin (which was worth a bit in those days), "Hello, is that Mr X", "Yes, is that G-JABS" followed by beep beep beep beep.
    I had no more money, and the line went dead, along with the prospects for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      My "worst interview" was in 1992 fresh out of college. A phone interview, where I had to phone the interviewer on his mobile phone. I chose to phone from a public phone box. Trouble is I never realised how expensive calls to mobiles were in those days, especially from phone boxes.
      I dialed the number, put in a 50p coin (which was worth a bit in those days), "Hello, is that Mr X", "Yes, is that G-JABS" followed by beep beep beep beep.
      I had no more money, and the line went dead, along with the prospects for the job.
      Corker, best so far
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
        Calling yourself GJABS in 1992? So street, 20 years before your time. Respeck brav.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Drove 3hrs to Sheffield, before interview spoke to agent "you're sure they want an IT PM" - "yes positive on that". You can guess the rest, 2 minutes in the interview room then back on the road
          "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Drove to Newcastle for an interview only to find the bloke supposed to be doing it had phoned in sick.
            I drove 150 miles to Exeter for an interview many years ago. Turned out that nothing had been arranged and there was no vacancy, but the agent just sent me anyway presumably hoping a job would magically appear. To the client's credit, they did spare some time for a chat but they had nothing to offer me. As expected, the agent was never available when I rang to inform him what a chunt he was.

Comment

Originally posted by westtester View Post
              I drove 150 miles to Exeter for an interview many years ago. Turned out that nothing had been arranged and there was no vacancy, but the agent just sent me anyway presumably hoping a job would magically appear. To the client's credit, they did spare some time for a chat but they had nothing to offer me. As expected, the agent was never available when I rang to inform him what a chunt he was.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                The CUK mod casting couch, an 11AM "session" with NAT?

Squeamish applicants need not apply

T

Not after Admin has re-interviewed MF at 10 a.m. and cojak's on a dirty protest.

Comment

Working...
                X