• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bicycle Lorry deaths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bicycle Lorry deaths

Lorries face London ban 'to protect cyclists' - BBC News

Most cycle/lorry deaths are caused by cyclists not being aggressive enough. Which seems to explain why the majority are women.

Cyclists need to go through more red lights......

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Lorries face London ban 'to protect cyclists' - BBC News

Most cycle/lorry deaths are caused by cyclists not being aggressive enough. Which seems to explain why the majority are women.

Cyclists need to go through more red lights......
    I thought they were caused by the cyclist trying to break their fall with their face?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If they stop behind the lorry rather than try and sneak up the nearside in the drivers blind spot or actually took the time to understand how a lorry turns they wouldn't get run over in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
        If they stop behind the lorry rather than try and sneak up the nearside in the drivers blind spot or actually took the time to understand how a lorry turns they wouldn't get run over in the first place
        Or if the lorries were designed to allow the driver to see what's around him there would be fewer fatalities too.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Or if the lorries were designed to allow the driver to see what's around him there would be fewer fatalities too.
          In lorry vs bike, I'll happily back the lorry on winning every time. Clearly no risk assessment done.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

So we all need to take responsibility for our own actions?

Personally I find lorries tend to give a decent amount of space. Buses on the other hand

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
              Exactly this. I commute cycled in London for 20 years (too old now) and it's common sense really.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                Exactly this. I commute cycled in London for 20 years (too old now) and it's common sense really.
                You aren't too old. I've met men much older than you who cycle around London. Though most look younger due to the fact they do regular exercise.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Are cyclists allowed to undertake stationary vehicles? I have always wanted to know.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Are cyclists allowed to undertake stationary vehicles? I have always wanted to know.
                    Cyclists aren't actually undertaking as most cycle lanes are on the left hand side of the road and randomly appear and disappear.

Cyclists like motorcyclists are allowed to filter through traffic.

It's basically use your common sense what position you take on the road.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X