• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Car Lease

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Car Lease

Hi,

I've started contracting in April (LTD) and I'd like to lease a car on personal contract hire.

I pay myself the minimum tax free wage plus available dividends.

Does anybody know if I have chance for finance approval?

Thanks

I will depend on your credit rating.

It should, However, be easy enough to get finance as the car doesn't belong to you
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I just got this recently and I was told that you have to have pretty poor credit to not get accepted by the car companies.

Which car are you going to pull the trigger on?

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
        I just got this recently and I was told that you have to have pretty poor credit to not get accepted by the car companies.

Which car are you going to pull the trigger on?
        I'm thinking about the new VW Tiguan

Comment

Originally posted by runiuksp View Post
          It's a VW so also look and see if another of their brands offer an identical car (i.e. the Seat Ateca) - it may be cheaper..

Personally the rules for a lease car is care less about the actual model you want and see how cheap you can get it for. My top of the range automatic passat is costing me £120.01 a month...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            It's a VW so also look and see if another of their brands offer an identical car (i.e. the Seat Ateca) - it may be cheaper..

Personally the rules for a lease car is care less about the actual model you want and see how cheap you can get it for. My top of the range automatic passat is costing me £120.01 a month...
            Is that amortised?

Comment

Originally posted by runiuksp View Post
              What are the emissions like?

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                Is that amortised?
                Yep.... It was a stupid misprice that VW honoured for reasons unknown.... £120 a month on a 3+23 deal so £130 amortised....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Yep.... It was a stupid misprice that VW honoured for reasons unknown.... £120 a month on a 3+23 deal so £130 amortised....
                  So not really much help banding the figure around without qualification?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    So not really much help banding the figure around without qualification?
                    No except my point was to emphasis that the best deals are based on what the manufacturer wants to sell this week / quarter (and sometimes they are very good indeed)..

Comment

Working...
                    X