• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chuck Yeager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck Yeager

WWII flying ace Chuck Yeager in extraordinary attack on 'nasty' and 'arrogant' British people

The US only joined the war to fight the Japs.

And the US would not have been first to break the sound barrier without UK technical help.

I actually doubt how much tweeting these old war veterans actually do.

I'm pretty sure @Harryslaststand is in a box under the shed and it's his dreadlocked crusty grandson belting out the social justice warrior tweets all day.

Comment

Yeager replied: “Arrogant. Nasty to Americans when we were over there saving them. Nasty when I visited a few years ago - wanted a whole lot for nothing.”
      Maybe responding to the attitude they were being handed out?

My granddad is a year older than him and an ex military major, he's a miserable feckin' chunt too.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

We'd been battered to tulip for years before they finally decided to help us. Yeah, thanks for finally joining in, but we're expected to be at their beck and call for the Gulf War and other pet capitalist projects of theirs?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

its not like they did it for free our loans made Versailles look generous.

As pointed out late to the party with their hand out.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I follow Yeager and saw the tweets in question. He's an irascible old sod who gives everybody short shrift, which is one of the things that makes him entertaining to follow. If anybody's offended by what he said, they're at liberty not to go to the trouble of following him and reading what he tweets

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I follow Yeager and saw the tweets in question. He's an irascible old sod who gives everybody short shrift, which is one of the things that makes him entertaining to follow. If anybody's offended by what he said, they're at liberty not to go to the trouble of following him and reading what he tweets
              Indeed more of a man than most of us put together.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Indeed more of a man than most of us put together.
                He is just over compensating for his repressed homosexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  He is just over compensating for his repressed homosexuality.
                  Probably due to come back to the fore to mark the 30th anniversary of Top Gun....
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    If that was the only criteria, several characters here would get lauded. Instead of the banning they rightfully deserved.....

Comment

Working...
                    X