• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back to Being a Two Contractor Family

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Maldives is chavs central plus aren't they having riots there?
    Have you been then?

Hardly if you go to the right places, however that is only one option.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Have you been then?

Yep I've been there 3 times, each time to a more expensive location. Last time we paid 12k and the resort was pretty good. Paradise Island was by far the chaviest. The plane was full of chavs, god knows where they all went.

Spent some time on the capital Male and believe me the people there look at you with contempt. Most of the workers on the Island resorts are not from the Maldives. The capital has had a few riots, believe the government is now quite a strict Islamist government.

I remember on the local news they had a British guy on advising them not to go down the cheap package route butcharge more and make it more exclusive so they could reduce numbers and look after the environment better. I don't think they took his advice.

Comment

I'm made up for you. No really, congratulations on being one of life's great success stories
        I get up...

Comment

Originally posted by ClothCap View Post
          I'm made up for you. No really, congratulations on being one of life's great success stories
          If you call finally getting a decent contract after a long, hard time looking a "great success story" you may well be right......
          Oh hang on
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Only jesting good luck!
            I get up...

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Yep I've been there 3 times, each time to a more expensive location. Last time we paid 12k and the resort was pretty good. Paradise Island was by far the chaviest. The plane was full of chavs, god knows where they all went.

Spent some time on the capital Male and believe me the people there look at you with contempt. Most of the workers on the Island resorts are not from the Maldives. The capital has had a few riots, believe the government is now quite a strict Islamist government.

I remember on the local news they had a British guy on advising them not to go down the cheap package route butcharge more and make it more exclusive so they could reduce numbers and look after the environment better. I don't think they took his advice.
              I've been to two 5 star places and enjoyed both, although I go for the diving too. I appreciate there is more package stuff there now and everything that brings.
              Mali has always been a tulip hole and the indigenous people have never worked in the resorts.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Have you been then?

Try Zanzibar. Spent a week there before hitting safari. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Always good to hear that somebody has managed to land a gig in these lean times.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Try Zanzibar. Spent a week there before hitting safari. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.
                    Cheers! I'll have a look, have you been Mozambique, always fancied it there....
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                      Always good to hear that somebody has managed to land a gig in these lean times.
                      Agreed, it's only her 2nd contract, so she was beginning to think it wouldn't happen
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X