Monzo Bank - anyone use it? Monzo Bank - anyone use it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Should post faster

    TheBA is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    113

    Default Monzo Bank - anyone use it?

    Just noticed they now have an android app so looking at it again. However, I still can't figure out, apart from fx rates, why it is or will be any better than using my bank.

    https://monzo.com/

    Is anyone using them?

  2. #2

    bored now

    eek is a fount of knowledge

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    22,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBA View Post
    Just noticed they now have an android app so looking at it again. However, I still can't figure out, apart from fx rates, why it is or will be any better than using my bank.

    https://monzo.com/

    Is anyone using them?
    They have a very good app which instantly categorizes what you've spent money on.

    And a fx exchange rate for cash machine withdrawals that will never be matched...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  3. #3

    Double Godlike!

    MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    They have a very good app which instantly categorizes what you've spent money on.

    And a fx exchange rate for cash machine withdrawals that will never be matched...
    Is that just in the UK, eek?

  4. #4

    Fingers like lightning

    missinggreenfields has more data than eek

    missinggreenfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBA View Post
    Just noticed they now have an android app so looking at it again. However, I still can't figure out, apart from fx rates, why it is or will be any better than using my bank.

    https://monzo.com/

    Is anyone using them?
    FAQ - "our Authorisation is currently restricted, meaning we can't yet offer full bank accounts." At the moment it's prepaid debit cards only, so no bank account until next year at the earliest.

  5. #5

    bored now

    eek is a fount of knowledge

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    22,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    FAQ - "our Authorisation is currently restricted, meaning we can't yet offer full bank accounts." At the moment it's prepaid debit cards only, so no bank account until next year at the earliest.
    That's slightly out of date I believe.

    As for the previous question no happily used them in turkey last week...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  6. #6

    Fingers like lightning

    missinggreenfields has more data than eek

    missinggreenfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    That's slightly out of date I believe.

    As for the previous question no happily used them in turkey last week...
    I'll take your word for it - it's what their website says. You'd have thought that they could have done a press release or updated the website if they were now able to offer bank accounts - it's kind of important in a bank, one would presume.
    Last edited by missinggreenfields; 7th October 2016 at 16:59.

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    That's slightly out of date I believe.

    As for the previous question no happily used them in turkey last week...
    Sounds good, if you are away a lot then, thanks

  8. #8

    bored now

    eek is a fount of knowledge

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    22,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    I'll take your word for it - it's what their website says. You'd have thought that they could have done a press release or updated the website if they were now able to offer bank accounts - it's kind of important in a bank, one would presume.
    I believe the difference is now that they could offer bank accounts but need to finish all the software off, previously they couldn't as they didn't have a banking licence
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  9. #9

    bored now

    eek is a fount of knowledge

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    22,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Sounds good, if you are away a lot then, thanks
    It is. Going forward my travel cards will be
    Monzo for cash withdrawals
    Supercard for payments (as I can put that on a card)
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  10. #10

    Should post faster

    TheBA is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Looks like they have a restricted banking licence. Guess I'll have to wait in the queue, only 10,212 applications ahead of me! Could be worse 170 behind me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •