• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing flight, admin fee?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    I needed to change my address on a car insurance policy. The delightful lady told me that the premium would not rise, but there was a £50 admin fee for each change on the policy.

I had to make the change, and so was forced to pay £50 or cancel the policy and pay a cancellation fee. It took her 10 seconds to make the change.

So it's basically robbery and should be illegal.
    They now tell you on car insurance how much they charge for changing address etc.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

With airlines, they don't want arbitrage creeping in so they bang on silly fees.

My mate Andy flies a lot with Easyjet and he can change just about anything for no fee. It's a service that has no name, just a special phone number they give you.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Happened a few months ago flying to the UK, easyjet flights. Whole family too - plane was not even full on the return date we changed to. Don't remember how much exactly but do remember thinking how many takeaways I could have bought with that
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Happened a few months ago flying to the UK, easyjet flights. Whole family too - plane was not even full on the return date we changed to. Don't remember how much exactly but do remember thinking how many takeaways I could have bought with that
          With cheap airlines like Easyjet it can be cheaper just to buy a completely new ticket rather than muck around with changing dates.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

At one time people were buying up cheap EasyJet tickets, then selling them on, just getting the name changed. EasyJet introduced a charge to prevent this happening - any change and you pay the price for that day + admin. The admin charge is because their business model is predicated on using human interaction as little as possible.

That's their excuse anyway.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Think i just got charged £15 for changing an EJ flight day, I forgot the date we are going to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers at MEN.....

Comment

Working...
              X