• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing flight, admin fee?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing flight, admin fee?

So flying to Florida and thought to be safe I would change the flight to Orlando rather than Miami and fly later. So i understand its near 800 quid more because kids hols but they wanted a 200 quid admin fee.

In the past I've worked on flight systems and its pretty easy to change a flight so why is the admin fee so much? Is there a genuine reason for this kind of fee?

Yeah to make more money.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You've not been watching the exchange rates against the dollar have you?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        It's nothing to do with that.

Airlines charge massive fees for correcting names, changing flights, etc because they can get away with it.

In the past I've had issues over not staying a Saturday night and not wanting a return ticket. The former I just changed my dates, and the latter I brought a return and didn't turn up.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

How many people? If it's 4 then 50 quid per person isn't massively extortionate.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            How many people? If it's 4 then 50 quid per person isn't massively extortionate.
            It's two people and paying 800 quid extra anyway for change of date. I worked on a flights system that linked in with a few others and it's a 5 min job to enter the new details. Unless I've missed something, it does seem to be an exercise in ripping the customer off.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              hah while the dollar rate is crap its not my biggest concern. Unless the hurricane double back we should be ok for weather but the misses gets focused on these things. So its really just to have less stress.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                So flying to Florida and thought to be safe I would change the flight to Orlando rather than Miami and fly later. So i understand its near 800 quid more because kids hols but they wanted a 200 quid admin fee.

In the past I've worked on flight systems and its pretty easy to change a flight so why is the admin fee so much? Is there a genuine reason for this kind of fee?
                Are you going to Florida in the hurricane season?
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Are you going to Florida in the hurricane season?
                  Does that affect the admin fee?

Comment

I needed to change my address on a car insurance policy. The delightful lady told me that the premium would not rise, but there was a £50 admin fee for each change on the policy.

I had to make the change, and so was forced to pay £50 or cancel the policy and pay a cancellation fee. It took her 10 seconds to make the change.

So it's basically robbery and should be illegal.
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X