• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Betting on Trump

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abe Lincoln
    "Bodily vigor is good, and vigor of intellect is better, but far above is character!" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin Roosevelt
    "What Washington needs is adult supervision." - Barack Obama
    "Grab her by the pussy" - The Donald

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      Lol kiss that 1K goodbye
      If the UK voted to leave the EU, the US majority would also be stupid enough to vote for Trump.

Comment

Oh dear: RNC halts Victory project work for Trump

Comment

not sure I want either of them in charge of the nuclear football.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              If Trump steps aside and the Republicans put up a decent replacement candidate they will win.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                If Trump steps aside and the Republicans put up a decent replacement candidate they will win.
                IMO, they'd get hammered. Trump has a core support in the 30-40% range (completely invariant to anything he says). This isn't enough to win, but it is enough to prevent another candidate winning, as it would be viewed as an establishment stitch-up. It doesn't look good for the GOP. However, it didn't look overly good for Brexit either. It will come down to turnout; whether Trump can turn out sufficient of those that traditionally don't vote, and the degree of apathy towards Clinton. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win, even now.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  IMO, they'd get hammered. Trump has a core support in the 30-40% range (completely invariant to anything he says)...
                  That's the problem - is his celebrity status so strong that he could say/do absolutely anything and he'd get away with it? (Or he can afford to threaten/sue anyone who tries to stand up to him)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    That's the problem - is his celebrity status so strong that he could say/do absolutely anything and he'd get away with it? (Or he can afford to threaten/sue anyone who tries to stand up to him)
                    That's what the polling indicates. His recent antics have alienated a small percentage of Republican voters, but it remains to be seen how many traditional non-voters turn out. For them, it's anything but an establishment candidate, celebrity or otherwise. The irony seems to evade them. Trump is right about one thing though; there's a festering resentment of politics as usual, and it shouldn't be underestimated. In normal circumstances, he wouldn't have made it near the presidency.

Comment

I've noticed a couple of comments online from UK people comparing Trump to a certain dead UK celebrity who had a similar attitude (celebrity/money/threats/do what I want).
                      While I do not think that they are saying Trump has been involved in pedophilia, I can see why they think there are other similarities.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X