• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone used Lotus Notes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC used it for years. I wanted to kick the guy who signed that off in the nuts while I worked there on a daily basis. What an absolutely idiotic decision.

They didn't even have Ms Project and instead used Clarity. That was a steaming pile of turd too, lacking in the most basic functionality.

Comment

Its on it's way out anyway. AFAIK, there will be no further development on Linux versions, the current Windows version is in fact called the social version and their new product Verse will replace it...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Its on it's way out anyway. AFAIK, there will be no further development on Linux versions, the current Windows version is in fact called the social version and their new product Verse will replace it...
        Last place we had the web collab version of Notes (just as bad) and Verse on iPhone, that wasn't bad actually.

Comment

Every work day from 1997 to June 2016.

Now on Outlook. I don't miss Notes.

Comment

from 90 till about 05.

It could have been a contender but they starved it of development. Probably their biggest mistake was not hiring me. Maybe it was because my interview was when it was about to flood. Water was 2 feet up the window.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.

Some mistakenly think that refers to the cars. Maybe it did prior to the Elise in 96 but not anymore.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Lotus was great until IBM bought it and thrust LotusScript upon us when we were happy with BASIC macros in 123. Ami Pro became Word Pro and from thereon in, it was doomed to be a poor imitation of MS Office rather than being its own product with a competitive advantage.

Lotus Notes was great 15-20 years ago but the net has surpassed it big style.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Sametime's redeeming feature was a markedly better ability to get GIFs in as emoticons..... #justsaying
                  latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Good ol' Sametime... Reminds me of the day as a spotty teenager on MSN Messenger saying "A/S/L"

Do chatrooms still exist? Or just Forums now?

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
                      Good ol' Sametime... Reminds me of the day as a spotty teenager on MSN Messenger saying "A/S/L"

Do chatrooms still exist? Or just Forums now?
                      scarily they do however you are more likely to attacked for your body than get any useful information.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X