• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know what Pontefract is like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Good call, forgot about there. Yeah not too bad at all considering the nearby alternatives.
    Was in that hotel on the island last night, Waterton Hall? Really nice, great food, shiit road to it though...

Heath is ok looking too, another nice boozer with decent food, the Kings Arms....

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Dire as in depressing, dangerous, chavvy?
      depressing, chavvy and lots of EU migrants working in the warehouses (replaced the pits).

Left behind places really.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Was in that hotel on the island last night, Waterton Hall? Really nice, great food, shiit road to it though...

Heath is ok looking too, another nice boozer with decent food, the Kings Arms....
        Been there for a few weddings. When I was between marriages and staying with my mum for a while the car park near the Kings Arms was my preferred romantic spot, until someone shone a torch in the window!! Didn't know it was a dogging location!!!!
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Jeez, what depressing lives some of you lead,choosing between the least tulip chav/immigrant cess pools up in the wastelands of northern england.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            Jeez, what depressing lives some of you lead,choosing between the least tulip chav/immigrant cess pools up in the wastelands of northern england.
            It's worse that that, in the week I'm working in Luton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's worse that that, in the week I'm working in Luton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Not quite that bad as I'm staying in Harpenden which is nice, with some very nice attractions.

Comment

Well I'm mostly in Copenhagen, few days a month in UK, this being one of them.

Last time I worked near London about a year ago, I worked in Farnborough, lived in Aldershot, both chav/immigrant pools in the wastelands of Southern England so what's the difference....?

In fact it was far worse, at least in the North really poor people can find a place to live, down there I saw Nepali Gurkhas Miss Lumley championed to stay living in 8 hr shifts in rooms in houses, I was speaking to the (mostly Northern) chaps doing the house conversions, 8 hrs sleep in it, 8 hrs working (if job), 8 hrs wandering around. The chaps pointed them out to me, 22:00 from the pub window near Morrisons we saw a batch of them with shopping going to 'the' house for their 8 hr shift of being able to live in it until 6:00am and then you'd see them wandering off to Fannyboro in the morning to sit in the so-called shopping centre for the rest of the day...

Comment

To be honest, with the A1/M62 you can get there from anywhere in no- time.

I think Daryl Powell (Castleford tigers coach) lives in near Wetherby as I saw him in the Sainsburys here.

edit: just checked and wikipedia says he lives in Badsworth
                    Last edited by Antman; 17 October 2016, 18:40.

Comment

depressing, chavvy and lots of EU migrants working in the warehouses (replaced the pits).

Left behind places really.
                      Sounded nicer in the early 90s, according to the filthy young filly I was involved with at the time.

Rather than the huge immigrant cess pool called El Vibrante?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X