• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do - Landlord asking if we want to buy the house we are renting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Oh nonsense. I asked them to manage the letting of my property. The clause was not even on the signed paperwork I had signed but in a booklet the later provided me with, which was referenced in the contract. They were chancers from the off.
    Nope they knew what they were doing someone failed to read the contract properly.

But thanks for once again confirming that you don't read things and then have a tantrum when things don't go your way.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Nope they knew what they were doing someone failed to read the contract properly.

But thanks for once again confirming that you don't read things and then have a tantrum when things don't go your way.
      It's also a pretty standard letting agent term, that any landlord with a hint of nous about them should be looking out for.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Makes me shudder to think what the quality of his work is like

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        It's also a pretty standard letting agent term, that any landlord with a hint of nous about them should be looking out for.

Scooter?
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I'll set 'em up.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Get a P2P loan for the deposit and pay it back when and where you are ready?

On the legal points.. This help?
            Four ironclad rights tenants have if their landlord wants to sell their property » The Landlord Law Blog

I'd say you are in the driving seat for the time being.
            Won't this show up when the mortgage company do an assessment on you and therefore count against you.

I've never bought but assumed that was the case (if not I'm off to buy a house )

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Makes me shudder to think what the quality of his work is like
              Fricken awesome. Sometimes I have to frame a print and hang it on the wall.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Fricken awesome. Sometimes I have to frame a print and hang it on the wall.

Comment

Working...
                X