• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Macbook Pro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Macbook Pro

Finally (almost) here, am wondering if touch bar is going to go the same way as the force click trackpad (i.e no one uses it and it becomes a gimmick), touch ID looks a winner though.

Not at that price.... ouch
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Small potatoes for real contractors.

So pretty.

Last edited by scooterscot; 27 October 2016, 19:06.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Small potatoes for real contractors.
        16gb max memory - my work requires more than that.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Not at that price.... ouch
          +1

Time to start looking more closely at the Microsoft Surface I'm afraid...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

16gb max memory - my work requires more than that.
            Same here. Try running BI, predictive analytics, Tableau, R and large Excel models in 16gb. I'd expect 64gb with a modern Intel cpu.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Not quite. The previous 15" macbook pro started from $1999 now its $2399.

Given what the top of the range Dell Precision 7510 I'm typing this on cost that's a bit too much.

But good try blaming Brexit when the problem is visible if you look at the $ price...
              I've always hated Dell because of their proprietary drivers when I used to fix my brother's desktop. Is that still a problem?
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Imagine trying to run a second order cone programming solver with barrier or concurrent algorithms in 16gb RAM. My client would laugh me out of the door.

Apple toys for playing Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  Imagine trying to run a second order cone programming solver with barrier or concurrent algorithms in 16gb RAM. My client would laugh me out of the door.

Apple toys for playing Pokemon.
                  My iPhone is 120,000,000 more powerful than the computer on board the Apollo craft than put man on the moon.

You're telling me you need a computer at least 12 times more powerful than my iphone to develop a webpage for topshop?

Ya all must have been off sick the day they taught karnaugh maps.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If there were quantum computers, I'd need at least 3 of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X