• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Options - Advice/Input Welcome

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    That's pretty much what I'm doing. Only looking at cars in stock, 20K annual mileage, 24-month contract, and a pre-set deposit and monthly payment. That filters out a lot of noise. I went in ready to be seduced and had a second (higher) set of limits for the deposit and the monthly payment in case they are nice to me and can do a decent deal for a Golf GTI or Golf R, but the guy just wasn't interested in taking my money. What he did tell me though was how much I'd pay for maintenance and "extras". Those would be the extra bobbins I'd have to pay for if the car they had for immediate delivery was not the spec I wanted. Considering the fact that he didn't listed and picked his own options, I'm sure I'd pay way over what I was prepared to spend. You'd think that VAG would want to fight for customers after getting slapped with some pretty hefty fines, but they just don't give a tulip.

I agree that a 15-min drive is not enough, but the Mazda guy let me drive the car for 1.5hrs and offered to bring a 2.0-litre and an Abarth 124 models to compare.
    VW dealers don't usually handle lease deals themselves - they are customer sales based. The commercial leasing department (and Personal Contract Hire is commercial in their eyes not consumer) will be a different department in a different office somewhere else (Vertu for instance have a single leasing department in Sunderland and all their garages will refer you there).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
    X