• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Built in Obsolescence and decay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built in Obsolescence and decay

Saw this last night had a few interesting points about jobs slowly disappearing and UBI.

But the thing that struck most was Mouse Utopia

How Mice Turned Their Private Paradise Into A Terrifying Dystopia

How 1960s Mouse Utopias Led to Grim Predictions for Future of Humanity | Smart News | Smithsonian
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I thought this was going to be a post about Suity
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      I thought this was going to be a post about Suity
      Mrs Suity still needs him.

Comment

Southern rail strikes: Fresh disruption as latest walkout begins - BBC News

The sooner all trains are driverless the better. And cars....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Southern rail strikes: Fresh disruption as latest walkout begins - BBC News

The sooner all trains are driverless the better. And cars....
          As soon as Govia Thameslink feck off the better.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lets see AI/robots rewire a house, or build an extension, or convert a loft.

Future is in the building trade. IT is fooked though.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

indeed, however one of the points they made was that as the middle class were laid off there would be less money about so trades would be poorer.

They think the IT thinkers will stay but I suspect they will be offshored.

So that's me sparky to the stars!

Have a play with this:

Will a robot take your job? - BBC News

Comment

Actually there are already manufacturers that build the houses in two parts. They build the ground floor and deliver the fully built first floor to site complete with fitted bathrooms.

It's not to hard to see that done with printing/robotic processes. Especially now all homes are supposed to by built for wheel chairs

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Actually there are already manufacturers that build the houses in two parts. They build the ground floor and deliver the fully built first floor to site complete with fitted bathrooms.

It's not to hard to see that done with printing/robotic processes. Especially now all homes are supposed to by built for wheel chairs
                  They're building housing estates like mad where I live, and everyone it brick built, traditional construction with 1000's of workers involved, taking over 12 months to complete each one.

AI/Robots threat is 100 years off. I will be retired and living the high life in 5 years.

Comment

They're building housing estates like mad where I live, and everyone it brick built, traditional construction with 1000's of workers involved, taking over 12 months to complete each one.

AI/Robots threat is 100 years off. I will be retired and living the high life in 5 years.
                    ******* hell are they using blind one legged people to build them? An intire block of stone flats just went up in Bath the whole process was about a month...

Comment

Working...
                    X