• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Credit Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Credit Cards

Was going to put this in L&A, but wanted the wider audience, I have always "assumed" that paying for stuff on a credit card was better as it offered more protection,

For example I am paying for a lot of flights with this gig, I usually use the company debit card for simplicity in not having to claim back from myself etc.

My bank charges me a small fee per transaction so it would be a little bit cheaper to buy everything on a credit card/charge card and make a single transaction from the company business account.

If I use a Business Amex i get the bonus of airport lounge access, and the fee will be covered by the company, but would I still get the extra assurance afforded by paying on credit cards or is it more a consumer protection thing only?

(PS for those who are going to invariably say get a personal credit card and use that instead, I want to avoid doing that for reasons I'm not going to go into here)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

My understanding is that the protection only applies to personal customers, not businesses.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      My understanding is that the protection only applies to personal customers, not businesses.
      +1. There is no S75 protection on a business transactions that comes from the consumer credit act.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Originally posted by eek View Post
        +1. There is no S75 protection on a business transactions that comes from the consumer credit act.
        Cheers, thought that was the case
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Interesting article on the American Express logo. We will all be delighted to hear it is actually a Gladiator and should therefore grace the wallet of anyone who is COTBAC.

http://creditcardforum.com/blog/amer...-logo-history/
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X