• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CrossFit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I used to do these classes! I did Body Combat, Body Jam and Body Attack which was also followed by a spinning class I was the only guy in Jam, Attack and Spinning ... then we had kids and I have never managed to go since!
    Probably because a lot of blokes have co-ordination problems and those that don't are doing martial arts or boxing anyway.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The Yoga class I went to had all sorts in it (thought before it was just for women) from old geezers to muscle bound body builders, was chatting to the muscle head and he said he uses it to stretch and maintain flexibility as a counter to weights. The old bloke was late 60's I reckon and a lot more flexible and agile than me so I reckon I'll keep at it for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        The Yoga class I went to had all sorts in it (thought before it was just for women) from old geezers to muscle bound body builders, was chatting to the muscle head and he said he uses it to stretch and maintain flexibility as a counter to weights. The old bloke was late 60's I reckon and a lot more flexible and agile than me so I reckon I'll keep at it for a bit.
        One client I had did yoga classes. Their office was 50% male 50% female yet the yoga classes was 95% male. About 80% of the guys who did the class were those who cycled into work.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
          I'm not convinced that kipping is good preparation for wearing heavy armour and swinging a big sword.

Big **** off deadlifts, squats, and bench presses, on the other hand...
          Yeah, normally I do 2 or 3 strength sessions a week. I am thinking of mixing these in with the CF.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            Sounds like you formed a very close bond
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Yeah, normally I do 2 or 3 strength sessions a week. I am thinking of mixing these in with the CF.
              You won't need to if you do crossfit. People who do crossfit get addicted to it and often do two sessions a day focusing on different things.

Comment

Crossfit is great if you are looking to acquire a debilitating injury. Olympic lifts against the clock? What could possibly go wrong?

I would join the gym to use their power racks, but don't fall for any of their marketing carp. I highly recommend Starting Strength or GSLP as beginner programs.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Sounds like you formed a very close bond
                  Nah he's just impressed that someone in their 70s or 80s is so fit.

I remember when I was a kid I had neighbours who we presumed were in their late 60s, that was until they celebrated their 80th birthdays....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Nah he's just impressed that someone in their 70s or 80s is so fit.

I remember when I was a kid I had neighbours who we presumed were in their late 60s, that was until they celebrated their 80th birthdays....
                    Hush now..........you're ruining my fun
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      You won't need to if you do crossfit. People who do crossfit get addicted to it and often do two sessions a day focusing on different things.
                      Unfortunately that would be infeasible as I only have lunchtime to train and they only do lunchtime classes 3 times a week :-(

Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post

I would join the gym to use their power racks, but don't fall for any of their marketing carp. I highly recommend Starting Strength or GSLP as beginner programs.
                      Did Starting Strength a good few years ago, a good program. Getting to the gym with the weights room takes too long to fit into a lunch break and my evenings are already busy. Lunchtime is the only realistic time I have to train, mostly I train in the car park and follow the same protocols as Ross Enamait lays out in Infinite Intensity. I have access to various bits and bobs although not barbells as there is nowhere to easily keep them out of the way. I am building towards pistols and hand stand pressups by the end of the year (although a shoulder injury which took me out for months has made that unlikely).
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X