• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Imposed rate reduction for use of company van.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imposed rate reduction for use of company van.

Last week I was told to collect a van and fuel card from the companies offices. I was expected to cover the travel cost across country out of my own pocket. On the way home I took a phone call that stated that now I had collected the van my daily rate was being reduced by £20. As I was not pre notified or given an option do I have to accept this?
    The contract bears no mention of a £20 daily allowance to cover travel expenses so how can this be removed?
    Using my own car and being a mobile worker I could claim mileage at. 45p/ mile against tax. Can I claim this £20 reduction against tax? I will not be using the van for private travel.

Working...
X