• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When will we know who won (in UK time)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

And Trump's said he won't accept the result if he loses.
    He'll have the mother of all screaming tantrums.

like King John having galloped back to Windsor Castle after signing Magna Carta.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

And Trump's said he won't accept the result if he loses. Whatever that means.

Anyone staying up?
      Not quite - he said that he would accept it if he wins. He didn't say what he would do if he would lose.

Bookies have Democrats to take 300-329 college votes as their favourite (15/8), Republicans 210-239 (2/1) - if those are close to accurate then it'll be over reasonably early.

Comment

Anyone staying up?
        It means he will keep on whining about how he was robbed to anyone willing to listen to him. I would assume he would be in the media for the next 6 months

As for staying up - no way, I don't see any possible way of Trump winning it. Hillary has got this one. The senate may be more interesting, but not interesting enough to stay up. Can read about it in the morning

Comment

Anyone staying up?
          Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
          Not quite - he said that he would accept it if he wins. He didn't say what he would do if he would lose.
          I think he also said he would accept a "clear" Clinton win whatever that means.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            I'm guessing it will be tomorrow morning our (UK) time.

But when will the result of the US election be definitely known?
            Clinton has won regardless of votes...
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

When will we know who won
              Whoever "wins", the US and the rest of the world loses.

I can't imagine why anyone would actually be happy that either of these two venal candidates is now the most powerful individual on the planet.

Comment

Well you lot have put up thousands of posts about not accepting the result when you have lost so he will be looking to you for guidance.

I would turn you phones off if you've got any sense (at all).

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  Whoever "wins", the US and the rest of the world loses.

I can't imagine why anyone would actually be happy that either of these two venal candidates is now the most powerful individual on the planet.
                  I know American's love the rhetoric of their President being the most powerful person the the planet, but are they really that powerful now a days ?

Case in point:
                  - Obama had to make concessions on his Affordable Care Act just to pass it, showing he needs support from both the houses
                  - He's had to use veto and in fact has his veto overriden by the house
                  - America is all talk when it comes to Russia, China and Saudi. They are all action against countries they know cannot defend themselves

Obviously other Presidents have had to use veto and also have had their veto overriden. It just goes to show that the President alone cannot get things done. They need support from both the houses so it fundamentally matters who control these houses

Clinton's job will be a lot more difficult if Republicans maintain the control of both the houses. I don't really think it is the most powerful job in the planet, besides the rhetoric. It's like calling whoever wins superbowl, champions of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I've heard 3am.

The winner needs to get 270 electoral colleague votes and they depend on the so called swing states.
                    That must be one of the swinging states a friend of mine visited. At a party, he entered one of the bedrooms where a topless lady was sitting on the bed with a man between her legs. He had her bra over the top of his head, like a pair of headphones and was twisting her nipples while saying "come in Radio Tokyo."
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I think he also said he would accept a "clear" Clinton win whatever that means.
                      That would be a win where she then jumps off the nearest tall building.

HTH
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X