• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    A man whose policies are in alignment with fascist ideals will become president.

It seems the yanks have chosen to follow Germany's footsteps of 80 years ago.

I hope I'm alone in thinking dark times ahead are now the reality.
    British patriotism - Disgusting
    American flag waving - Deplorable
    Scottish nationalism - Wunderbar!

Scooter logic.

Comment

Comparing Trump to Adolph is daft, even if his views were comparable, he doesn't have half the ability to control and sway people. Hitler's propaganda machine, his charisma and ability to deceive let him get away with anything.

More importantly he doesn't have the power, the US constitution doesn't allow it. Can't be arsed to check but according to my financial advisor it is normal for every US president to move to the centre on attaining office.

As has been said he has more say on foreign affairs. At least he is sticking with building better relations with Russia and stopping this idiotic support for Syrian rebels, pretty sensible policies in my view. The numerous rebel groups are generally not people fighting for western style democracy. As the Iraq fiasco showed, getting rid of a dictator when there is no cohesive single opposition is only going to lead to another prolonged conflict that will kill even more people.

Donald Trump signifies he will end US support for Syrian rebels despite their pleas to him for help | The Independent

List of Syrian rebel groups here. Only one group seeking democracy and equality there that I can see, rest are Islamists, not as bad as ISIS but often hard line.
      Guide to the Syrian rebels - BBC News
      Last edited by xoggoth; 12 November 2016, 19:05.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        You cannot spend massively on infrastructure and reduce taxes.
        Reagan cut taxes which resulted in increased tax revenue.

Comment

That's pretty much what I meant by greatest political con trick of the century. The non-graduate white men who saw him as their saviour, based on his 'lie for votes' rhetoric are now about to discover that the Trump they voted for is not the president they're going to get. You cannot spend massively on infrastructure and reduce taxes.
          And what exactly have the liberal left done for these people?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Can't always et what you want

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
              Nicely done.

Comment

A lie worthy of Trump himself. Tax revenue as a proportion of GDP fell, while the deficit tripled.
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

A lie worthy of Trump himself. Tax revenue as a proportion of GDP fell, while the deficit tripled.
                  so what do you suggest is done to create more wealth then Einstein?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Comment

there you go confusing them with facts again!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X