• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nigel in a gold plated lift with Donald Trump, desperately trying to get his snout in the trough.

When Brexit Britain goes down the plug hole Nige will be shouting support from his luxury appartment in Manhatten.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      A lie worthy of Trump himself. Tax revenue as a proportion of GDP fell, while the deficit tripled.
      Why on earth would you measure increased tax revenue against GDP?!

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        Well, despite the fact that he took office in the immediate aftermath of the global financial crisis, caused of course by the banks over-aggressive pursuit of profit in an under regulated free market, under Obama homicides dropped 13%, 9.265 million jobs were created, unemployment fell 5%, long term unemployment fell by 614,000, the stock market rose +139%, earnings rose 3.4%, the number without medical insurance fell by 15.3 million, wind and solar power was up 273%, and exports rose 31%.
        So why are the electorate voting for an extremist like Trump?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Because the average IQ of the population is 100, and that's pretty thick.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

[Merged]US election stuff

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 13 November 2016, 17:53.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Because the average IQ of the population is 100, and that's pretty thick.
              Comments like that are why people are voting for Trump and Brexit
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Comments like that are why people are voting for Trump and Brexit
                The truth sometimes hurts.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  The truth sometimes hurts.

It is certainly hurting the liberal establishment

Comment

Firstly, 0.6 million more of them voted for Hillary, as of now the totals are Clinton:60,981,118. Trump:60,350,241, with many votes still to count, including millions in the blue state of California. Strange form of democracy when you get more than half a million more votes than your opponent but still lose the race - not sour grapes just an observation. One can understand the anger now gripping some cities. Turnout was also low, around 52% I believe, so it's hard to conclude that Trump has any great popular mandate for his program.

As to why millions did vote for him, can I phone a friend? CNN lists 24 different theories so its above my pay grade.

It can't have been his policy details or his grasp of facts. However he is a consummate persuader and seems to have persuaded a large enough constituency that this billionaire inhabitant of a gold tower is the answer to the sense of disillusionment and disengagement with 'the establishment' apparently affecting large sections of the population, as illustrated by PG's numbers. Scott Adams wrote :-

Last year, when many observers were saying Trump was a stupid, under-informed clown, I was saying he was a Master Persuader. Pundits said he ignored facts because he didn’t know them or because he was a liar. I said he ignored facts because facts are useless for persuasion. Trump could learn lots of facts if he wanted to do so. But he knew it was a waste of time.
                    Seems Adams was right, facts no longer matter. Or maybe this is a sign of H L Mencken's 1920 prediction coming to pass.

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

24 bull$hit reasons. The great unwashed have had enough of being shat on, end of.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X