• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do higher taxes on booze and fags work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    So all those millenials hoping to inherit something are completely screwed. Not only do they have to watch their parents live out their last years in indignity, their only hope of ever participating in the home ownership racket might just be tugged from beneath them.
    Yes, Yes and Yes.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Yes, Yes and Yes.
      No wonder they're pissed off then...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

So all those millenials hoping to inherit something are completely screwed. Not only do they have to watch their parents live out their last years in indignity, their only hope of ever participating in the home ownership racket might just be tugged from beneath them.
        No wonder they're pissed off then...
        This is quite interesting at it will be the sanctimonious, holier than though, mung bean eating lefty virtue signallers, who live a clean lifestyle who will end up being the main cause of the problem they are complaining about as it will be those who live forever slowly fading away.

Us right wing, red meat eating, beer drinking, tab smoking thugs will get to 70-75 then do the decent thing and die.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Us right wing, red meat eating, beer drinking, tab smoking thugs will get to 70-75 then do the decent thing and die.
          Thats me that is My hotel room is a smokers room, there's a brewery over the road and next door is a steakhouse...plus you're still allowed to smoke in pubs in the state I live in
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Thats me that is My hotel room is a smokers room, there's a brewery over the road and next door is a steakhouse...plus you're still allowed to smoke in pubs in the state I live in
            I am deeply envious...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Not really comparing like with like.

With cakes, biscuits, sauces and drinks you can make your own. Plus I doubt the regulations cover those selling one off products at places like coffee mornings, school fetes etc.
              Good luck to the government that opts to kill off the coffee mornings and force Great British Bakeoff from our screens. They'll be bigger enemies of the Daily Heil than brown people.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
              X