• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WH Post Office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Still a bit surprised to see an actual main High Street Post Office in a largeish town close down. I know the small ones have been morphing into corner shops for years.

I guess this also says something about where WH Smiths is going.
    Well the if the likes of Budgens, Co-op and random name newsagent are happy to have a post office then I'm not surprised WH Smiths would get in on the act.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I went to the Post Office in Banbury whilst passing only to discover it had closed. They'd even taped up the letter boxes. The sign on the door said they'd relocated to WH Smiths, and sure enough part of Smiths had been cordoned off and had a couple of Post Office self service tills and a cardboard "postbox" which looked liked it had been made by the local primary school.

Banbury is a fairly large town so it's not like this is a village Post Office with one visitor per week.

Shape of things to come? Apparently the hospital is also under threat of closure, so presumably that'll end up in a corner of Boots.
      Did it make the folk in Banbury cross?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          The Crown Post Offices (there were 3 at one time) in Swansea all closed, now upstairs in WHSmith in the Quadrant.

The Crown Post Office in Neath closed, now in WHSmith. I note, however, that the parcel and distribution bit where the vans congregate is still in action, so how much it saves having an empty room where the Post Office counters used to be is debatable.
          The Post Office is different from Royal Mail.

This means the parcel and distribution bit is probably Royal Mail not the Post Office.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X