• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflake burning in hell...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    When faced with a choice between Clinton and Trump, I wouldn't want to vote for either
    +1.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

When faced with a choice between Clinton and Trump, I wouldn't want to vote for either
      Then go in the booth and write "I decline to vote because I think they are all a bunch of muppets" if enough do that it will become news. Remember they read the spoiled ballot paper numbers in the result.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Except that was not the choice.....

Comment

Compulsory voting should be brought in, but with the caveat that there is a “none of the above” choice which would cause a coalition of the major vote winners
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Seen that recent interview with Clinton? Sans the full make up and presumably off the drugs now. jeez looks about 90.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Direct democracy is a bad idea.
              yes because 51% of people can vote to take away the rights of the 49%

works better when you have a constitutional republic that protects everyone's rights first and foremost after that I don't think direct democracy is a bad idea at all, especially in this day and age when information is universally available and voting should be easier and quicker than ever

we can seriously cut back on the "representatives" too

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                Compulsory voting should be brought in, but with the caveat that there is a “none of the above” choice which would cause a coalition of the major vote winners
                I disagree. Even with the caveat, (which I DO agree with).
                As soon as you make something compulsory then you start to erode freedom of choice.
                Nobody died so that we should HAVE to vote, they died for our right to choose whether or not we WISH to vote.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Interesting article here:

2016-06-04 Generation Snowflake - How we train our kids to be censorious cry babies
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Yes indeed......

But not all of us do.

Yet those of us who don't are sneered at by the virtue signalling lefties to a point where it is possible to loose you job or end up in court if you have the wrong opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Another person who doesn't understand how the political system works in the UK.

A MP or any politician on a party ticket is there to represent their party first so needs to follow the party line unless it is a free vote. If they don't, on the rare occasions they need to protest against government policy they will not be able to gain the support, respect and help of their political colleagues both in their own party and across party to change government policy.

This is one of the reasons Corbyn has difficulties with Labour MPs in his own party as he's rebelled too much under other Labour leaders.
                      But in the case of brexit it's bloody well known what your constituents delegated view is because it was counted and weighed. That labour tulips only honest option would be to say I'm sorry my views are out of touch with my constituents I'm stepping down on a point of conscience I leave them to vote someone in to deliver their will. But his nose is too far in the trough

Comment

Working...
                      X