• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

23andMe - DNA Profiling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have told me NUMEROUS times you don't believe in Autism.

FWIW I don't believe Autism is genetic. I believe it is caused by too much noise in the womb and other oveer stimulations. Those women who play their foetuses are doing their children a disservice. One day they will wise up and realise the victorians were right and confinement is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      The Mods are waiting for the whiff (actually rather more than a whiff) of Karma to disappear before intervening on this...
      I thought you always shot first and asked questions afterwards.

Anyone would think Christmas is approaching.

Comment

Whilst adhd and autism do exist I have found this is more and more being used an excuse because parents are unable or unwilling to enforce behavioural boundaries.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          ...I have found this is more and more being used an excuse because parents are unable or unwilling to enforce behavioural boundaries.
          And then the children turn into snowflakes, the parents' generation laugh at them, unable to accept that they were responsible for it.

Some of the "disorders" are also exacerbated by a diet high in processed foods, chemicals and sugars.

Perhaps instead of testing the children for disorders, they should test the parents to see how much love, time and attention they give to their children, and not how many presents, toys and entertainment that is lavished on them in place of the love, time and attention that a child needs. (Not aimed at anyone in particular)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The ancestry stuff is fascinating as well and it links you up, if you opt in, to people who share your genetic profile so you can trace third cousins and so on.
            https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/neanderthal/

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

FWIW I don't believe Autism is genetic. I believe it is caused by too much noise in the womb and other oveer stimulations. Those women who play their foetuses are doing their children a disservice. One day they will wise up and realise the victorians were right and confinement is a good thing.
              Your mum had plenty of stimulation of her womb when she was pregnant with you, so you could be right.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

It wouldn't show anything for autism, but if proper ADHD which is genetic there can be some indications to which medications will be effective based on your genes. There can also be markers which if missing would mean it is not ADHD. We have had to stop some medication as it's basically sent DS1 stratospheric & a new doctor thinks it's a misdiagnosis and the drug has made it worse.

Hes now about to be tested for allergies/intolerances as thinking is a lot of it can be diet based

It could of course just be crap parenting and it's a mistake that his sister is now head prefect at her school, while he's destined for borstal.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

It could of course just be crap parenting and it's a mistake that his sister is now head prefect at her school, while he's destined for borstal.
                  On which birth, were you, 9 months previously, sitting in a 1st class lounge in the USA?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Brillo, I AM YOUR FATHER

FTFY
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      It wouldn't show anything for autism, but if proper ADHD which is genetic there can be some indications to which medications will be effective based on your genes. There can also be markers which if missing would mean it is not ADHD. We have had to stop some medication as it's basically sent DS1 stratospheric & a new doctor thinks it's a misdiagnosis and the drug has made it worse.

Hes now about to be tested for allergies/intolerances as thinking is a lot of it can be diet based

hope it turns out OK. My experience is very few children are beyond help with their behaviour.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X