• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad News for the Climate zealots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So, the temperature data is only accurate for the last 40 years, which in climate terms mean diddly squat.:
    Satellite data (not without its issues) starts in 1979. However it gives the very similar results to the instrumental surface record,which goes back to 1880, so we can trust that.

The surface record confirms the high res proxy data, which goes back approximately 1400 years, give or take.

The high res data confirms the low resolution proxies, which go back hundreds of thousands of years.

Most greenhouse gas emissions are water vapour and methane, CO2 is a small proportion.
    Water vapour emissions? Water vapour is indeed a powerful GHG, however any excess precipitates out in a few days or weeks. By contrast a third of an emitted pulse of CO2 is still affecting the climate after 100 years, a fifth after 1000 years.

Of this small proportion, the majority of CO2 emitted is natural, the human element of this small slice of greenhouse gases is again, small.
    True, but this 'small' contribution has raised concentration by 40% since preindustrial times.

The effects of this small slice of a small slice are limited.
    0.6W/m2, equivalent to 4 Hiroshima bombs per second being detonated in the atmosphere.

The CO2 problem in 6 easy steps « RealClimate

And yet Man Made Climate Change is more of a threat to human civilization than global nuclear war, disease, asteroid strike, terrorism and all other possible threats combined.
    Who said that? The US Military describe climate change as a 'threat multiplier'

Climate Change Is ‘Mother of All Risks' to National Security

Last edited by pjclarke; 30 November 2016, 12:38.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      You already shared that tripe with us http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2335622

Google apparently also needs a 'memory loss' button.
      Itis tripe because it undermines your propaganda
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Itis tripe because it undermines your propaganda
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2335823

Comment

Last time. I won't bother again.

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I feel a New Year's Resolution coming on ....

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              I feel a New Year's Resolution coming on ....

Comment

Working...
              X