• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It doesn't just rain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<- manly

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    A bit late now I guess, but could you have got a taxi to drive you the 60 miles there and back? Or perhaps that would have taken too big a chunk of cash out of the contract income.
    WGJABSS - then you can boast about your chauffeur on here

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      <- manly

WGJABSS - then you can boast about your chauffeur on here
      Don't worry, that hadn't not occurred to me. The other issue, I can't sit in a car either. My leg cramps in about 5 minutes. Walking is OK, but it's too far.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        It's amazing how parents become better experts than the experts
        When you have a kid with special needs you'd soon realise that you have to fight get things put in place. I'm guessing by your comment that you've not been in this situation. Lucky you. When you are faced with a council trying to remove services and giving any excuse to justify it, then yes you do have to be an expert to fight for what you need.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Don't worry, that hadn't not occurred to me. The other issue, I can't sit in a car either. My leg cramps in about 5 minutes. Walking is OK, but it's too far.
          Sedan chair?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Sedan chair?
            Low Loader?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yes mate, tulip all seems to come in one big steaming pile. Don't let life get you down. I have discovered the joys of gin, why I never found it before I really don't know.

I'll raise a glass to your speedy recovery as soon as I get home

Hope all goes well with your kid as well, not easy to deal with an unhappy offspring. Fingers crossed it will snow soon, at least you'll be able to take the little sod sledging.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                When you have a kid with special needs you'd soon realise that you have to fight get things put in place. I'm guessing by your comment that you've not been in this situation. Lucky you. When you are faced with a council trying to remove services and giving any excuse to justify it, then yes you do have to be an expert to fight for what you need.
                WBBS. Seen it in the family. If your kids are 'normal' then say a little word of thanks each night before your head hits the pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to offer a hug.
                  He'd probably prefer you, but I'll step up to the plate

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Hell of a long winded excuse for not going to the Christmas do
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Found my cramps became more common as I got more stressed.

I used to use crampex when it got bad, however its in shortage so the local pharmacist recommended magnesium tablets which seem to do the trick and are available in any pharmacy.

hope it all comes right.

Pity you aren't Sas as you can lay down in the Bentley.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X