• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It doesn't just rain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Yes mate, tulip all seems to come in one big steaming pile. Don't let life get you down. I have discovered the joys of gin, why I never found it before I really don't know.

I'll raise a glass to your speedy recovery as soon as I get home

Hope all goes well with your kid as well, not easy to deal with an unhappy offspring. Fingers crossed it will snow soon, at least you'll be able to take the little sod sledging.
    Given up the booze as well. FFS. All this walking and no booze means I'm losing weight though, which means my fecking clothes soon wont fit and I'll have to lay some more cash out!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Don't worry, that hadn't not occurred to me. The other issue, I can't sit in a car either. My leg cramps in about 5 minutes. Walking is OK, but it's too far.
      The thing is, even if you got they got your rotting carcass there you wouldn't be able to sit at a desk anyway?

Guess you might be OK if they had standing desks that are adjustable.
      If so, do you know a man with a van and a mattress

Given up the booze as well. FFS. All this walking and no booze means I'm losing weight though, which means my fecking clothes soon wont fit and I'll have to lay some more cash out!
      I gave up drinking for a month once, decided I didn't feel better off it, so went back on
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Indeed. It happened to my elder son. The school blamed us for everything. Until we went through the system(about 2 years!) and got him statemented.

We got revenge by helping to get their ofsted rating down a notch. I bet the school still have not learned.

Of course, there are plenty of schools that are brilliant. The councils often push to get the kids off the statements to save money.
        My other have is a SENCO and I must admit I see no evidence whatsoever of anyone putting pressure on getting them off the statements. If anything the school she is at is focussing on it having a pretty poor track record historically. I do know that some schools that don't have many kids in this bracket have part time or shared duty senco's and it lets them down. Dunno what your options with regard to changing schools are but if you can find one with a full time Senco that is heavily investing in it he should be much better cared for. Sadly the schools that are doing this tend to be pretty low on the rankings already and have a big need for it. Bit of inverse thinking that these schools are probably actually better for him than a top notch school that doesn't need to cater for him and don't have the funding.

They probably won't learn. If they don't have the funding or requirements to invest in it then it probably won't make much difference. If it they do and focus better on it it has to be a good thing for the kids so a fair move.

I haven't a clue what's involved in changing schools but might be worth having a look around and asking the right questions?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          My other have is a SENCO and I must admit I see no evidence whatsoever of anyone putting pressure on getting them off the statements. If anything the school she is at is focussing on it having a pretty poor track record historically. I do know that some schools that don't have many kids in this bracket have part time or shared duty senco's and it lets them down. Dunno what your options with regard to changing schools are but if you can find one with a full time Senco that is heavily investing in it he should be much better cared for. Sadly the schools that are doing this tend to be pretty low on the rankings already and have a big need for it. Bit of inverse thinking that these schools are probably actually better for him than a top notch school that doesn't need to cater for him and don't have the funding.

They probably won't learn. If they don't have the funding or requirements to invest in it then it probably won't make much difference. If it they do and focus better on it it has to be a good thing for the kids so a fair move.

I haven't a clue what's involved in changing schools but might be worth having a look around and asking the right questions?
          Love the whole statementing thing. The head teacher said when we asked he may need 1 on 1 help for sometime that there were no funds available even if we get a statement. Ok fine says I, 'If it's money I'll pay how much do you want?'. 'Ah. Was the reply, I don't think we can take private funds, ermm, ermm'.

Seems when he goes into class, he shuts down completely. It's like having a breakdown every day. We took him out early today and he's been the most engaged child ever, perfect. Completely different to the child earlier in the day without all the extra stress.

In fact, it seems that any kind of stress he freaks out. Think I may ask Suity for a DNA test as well, something not right here.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            Yes mate, tulip all seems to come in one big steaming pile. Don't let life get you down. I have discovered the joys of gin, why I never found it before I really don't know.

I'll raise a glass to your speedy recovery as soon as I get home

Hope all goes well with your kid as well, not easy to deal with an unhappy offspring. Fingers crossed it will snow soon, at least you'll be able to take the little sod sledging.
            On the plus side, the Diazepam I've got for later is going to make up for the lack of booze :-)

Comment

Seems when he goes into class, he shuts down completely. It's like having a breakdown every day. We took him out early today and he's been the most engaged child ever, perfect. Completely different to the child earlier in the day without all the extra stress.
              How about home-schooling for a while?
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Love the whole statementing thing. The head teacher said when we asked he may need 1 on 1 help for sometime that there were no funds available even if we get a statement. Ok fine says I, 'If it's money I'll pay how much do you want?'. 'Ah. Was the reply, I don't think we can take private funds, ermm, ermm'.

In fact, it seems that any kind of stress he freaks out. Think I may ask Suity for a DNA test as well, something not right here.
                Maybe, you need to suggest a change of schools.

My little brother hated private school, he then went non-private and got just a 2:1 in Law (lazy little tulipe)

When I say hated, I mean really hated, so was behaving very badly.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

All this walking and no booze means I'm losing weight though, which means my fecking clothes soon wont fit
                  That's the least of your problems. Send them to Syria, they are woefully short of tented accommodation.
                  Win win!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Obviously, his Dads down fall from the young millionaire buck, guzzling Champagne, expecting and riding first class, huge share options, corporate appreciation for all his pole choking skills, to a complete invalid who cannot get to a BOS contract, out of the area, is bound to be quite disconcerting.

#Just Sayin' Like
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Obviously, his Dads down fall from the young millionaire buck, guzzling Champagne, expecting and riding first class, huge share options, corporate appreciation for all his pole choking skills, to a complete invalid who cannot get to a BOS contract, out of the area, is bound to be quite disconcerting.

#Just Sayin'
                      #sugarcoatinit

Comment

Working...
                      X