• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Large number of requests to go to Germany for financial client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    500 euro a day is not a rate change from £450 its not going to cover your costs.

Now 800-1000 euros a day and that's a sensible increase.
    Roughly what my skillset gets in cloggers currently.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yes 3 calls this week already, London is dead after RBS dumped 6000 contractors on the market

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
        Yes 3 calls this week already, London is dead after RBS dumped 6000 contractors on the market
        That's nothing. Wait until Article 50 is invoked, then hard Brexit
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
          Not sure I would profit that much, rates are 500 euro per day and I am already on £450. Would depend on £/Euro exchange rate holding up over the next 12 months.
          For that, I wouldn't relocate. Factor in the flights, hotels and all the other associated crap, 500 Euro doesn't even begin to cover it. You'd barely even have a nice life, and you can do that on £450 here.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            For that, I wouldn't relocate. Factor in the flights, hotels and all the other associated crap, 500 Euro doesn't even begin to cover it. You'd barely even have a nice life, and you can do that on £450 here.
            AND you have to live in a grey and uninteresting German city.

Might as well live in Luton, similar in many respects.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Suity would be OK, then
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

He has a point...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  500 euro a day is not a rate change from £450 its not going to cover your costs.

Now 800-1000 euros a day and that's a sensible increase.
                  I've had a couple on crap rates for tge same org. I would need 1,200 EU/day to even consider it.

I think NAT said he is on 1600 so he could tell us how for those interested.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    I've had a couple on crap rates for tge same org. I would need 1,200 EU/day to even consider it.

I think NAT said he is on 1600 so he could tell us how for those interested.
                    To be honest I have never seen these types of rates, maybe I am hooked up with the wrong agents or don't have the skills that command these rates, just a programmer with a long history of contracting but even in the good old days have not had anything above £700 per day.

Did see some real time contracts a while ago when the banks were throwing money at contractors with that skill set (not me) but presumed with the current banking crisis that they were long gone
                    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
                      To be honest I have never seen these types of rates, maybe I am hooked up with the wrong agents or don't have the skills that command these rates, just a programmer with a long history of contracting but even in the good old days have not had anything above £700 per day.

Did see some real time contracts a while ago when the banks were throwing money at contractors with that skill set (not me) but presumed with the current banking crisis that they were long gone
                      Need to take flights and accommodation into consideration. Dependent upon where it is then accommodation can be extortionate.

Then remember the fee is in EURs, so knock a bit off for that.

Then what percentage do you add on to make it worthwhile staying away from home at all?

I would rather have £750 here than EUR1,200 EU in Germany. Above that and it's worth consideration. If you're young and single then maybe a completely different perspective.

Comment

Working...
                      X