• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email from Liam Fox / HMRC - they want to export me!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not special. Here's mine. Seems slightly different:

Dear Director

HMRC are sending this email on behalf of the Department for International Trade.

When was the last time you thought about selling your goods and services abroad? It might be time to consider it again. Many new opportunities pop up every day.

To learn more about the opportunities out there, visit GREAT.GOV.UK.

The demand is out there. You should be too.
    And when I click on the link:

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.
    Try:
    Checking the connection
    Checking the proxy and the firewall
    Running Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

Liam Fox MP

Secretary of State, Department of International Trade and President of the Board of Trade
      Dear Mr. Fox,

I am already exporting my services abroad.
      But what would you know about that or any other business issues, you fat, lazy, piece of crap, sucking on the tit of the public sector, as you have all your life?

Most sincerely, SG.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Obviously looking for something to report in the Cabinet "scrum" meetings
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Obviously looking for something to report in the Cabinet "scrum" meetings
          or finally realising that small companies exporting goods is far better for the UK than large companies exporting profits.

from memory I received a similar letter 16 years ago. My parents 40 years ago.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            or finally realising that small companies exporting goods is far better for the UK than large companies exporting profits.

from memory I received a similar letter 16 years ago. My parents 40 years ago.
            Small companies do export into the EU all the time, very simple, you just need to read "business/contracts" on the forum, obviously now they'll be expected to expend huge amounts of money to visit far flung places in completely different time zones.

Good luck with that, sounds like desperation
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Small companies do export into the EU all the time, very simple, you just need to read "business/contracts" on the forum, obviously now they'll be expected to expend huge amounts of money to visit far flung places in completely different time zones.

Good luck with that, sounds like desperation
              nope as I said I got not dissimilar years ago.

Now your post looks like a desperate Bremainer....
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                nope as I said I got not dissimilar years ago.

Could be, but more likely a desperate "Breliar" trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Clearly they are running an A/B test as mine reads:

Dear Director

HMRC are sending this email on behalf of the Department for International Trade.

We’ve designed new tools to help your company export goods and services. All you need is a few minutes to find new exporting opportunities for your business.

To see how you can benefit from these services, visit GREAT.GOV.UK today.

Liam Fox MP

Comment

Working...
                  X