• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC want me!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not if you're anywhere near the revolving door.

IR35 Arichtech

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Once public sector appears on your CV, you can forget ever getting a contract in the financial services industry.
      I've just gone from PS to FS although I had extensive FS before the PS gig.

Comment

Standards must be dropping if the top investment banks want ex-HMRC contractors, blimey.

Comment

If Saddam Hussein had asked you to join his Revolutionary Guard, would you?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Standards must be dropping if the top investment banks want ex-HMRC contractors, blimey.
            only on their board of directors.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Its Hector, they don't know their arse from their elbow so I can be an expert
              You're absolutely right. You know your arse from your elbow. You know one more thing than they do, which is the consultancy definition of an expert. Lead on my friend!
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

They want people who have proven records of working with tulip.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  They want people who have proven records of working with tulip.
                  Most Public Sector contractors are the dregs, taking laughable rates in exchange for zero productivity, because no Private Sector client that needs to turn a profit would touch them.

Comment

You fools! This is a perfect opportunity!

Join the HMRC and bring down the project from the inside! Take one for the team and the greater good of the contractor family!
                    Last edited by ContractorHardman; 1 December 2016, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
                      You fools! This is a perfect opportunity!

Join the HMRC and bring down the project from the inside! Take one for the team and the greater good of the contractor family!
                      If it suity we was talking about I would agree with you....
                      Last edited by eek; 1 December 2016, 13:46.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X