• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it me, or agents getting more stupid???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Whose feeble sockie is this?

Dunno too busy to read his posts...

TIME IS MONEY

as the people who did not deliver my sofa when they said they would have found out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
      Look mate, I pay your mortgage. I know how you operate. Don't try your sales pitch here. You're wasting your time, and TIME IS MONEY.
      Stick to rapping
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Every time you go back into the process you remind yourself how dysfunctional the whole setup is. I do think the recruitment agent should realise that while there are some good one the fact that most candidates and clients hate you isn't going to do your industry any good long term.

Going direct and LinkedIn probably wouldn't exist if many of you didn't lie for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
          Every time you go back into the process you remind yourself how dysfunctional the whole setup is. I do think the recruitment agent should realise that while there are some good one the fact that most candidates and clients hate you isn't going to do your industry any good long term.

Going direct and LinkedIn probably wouldn't exist if many of you didn't lie for a living.
          Quite.

His brusque technique (were he/she actually for real anyway) would fly against all modern principles of salesmanship. Today, apart from instances when customer retention is not important ,sales and business is about networking and getting to know people that you can call upon to assist you in business -The art is to not give the impression that you are "using" contacts for business. This is a skill that most successful people develop. Treating candidates like sh*t (even contractors ) is the fast path to nowhere.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Since when were IT contractors employed for their communication skills? We even have retards that still believe that the UK should remain part of the EU
            Some of us have to be very business facing, actually
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Quite.

His brusque technique (were he/she actually for real anyway) would fly against all modern principles of salesmanship. Today, apart from instances when customer retention is not important ,sales and business is about networking and getting to know people that you can call upon to assist you in business -The art is to not give the impression that you are "using" contacts for business. This is a skill that most successful people develop. Treating candidates like sh*t (even contractors ) is the fast path to nowhere.
              You are touting modern principals of salesmanship in the same way the people tout agile as the new way to develop software.

The real developers know how to develop sw and we always have (once we reached consciousness). But to interact with the postmodern sw types (agile plebs) we have to have this layer of bullsh1t to map the real chaotic, creative, sophisticated intellectual process to the fake process of ticking off job tickets as done.

Similar as you agent wolves who think you are polished. You are still dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                You are touting modern principals of salesmanship in the same way the people tout agile as the new way to develop software.

The real developers know how to develop sw and we always have (once we reached consciousness). But to interact with the postmodern sw types (agile plebs) we have to have this layer of bullsh1t to map the real chaotic, creative, sophisticated intellectual process to the fake process of ticking off job tickets as done.

Similar as you agent wolves who think you are polished. You are still dogs.
                Doesn't say much for your communication skills if you have to use low lives like us to find you work does it?

As for "real developers" The world doesn't owe you a living. As we agents are constantly told FIFO

Comment

Doesn't say much for your communication skills if you have to use low lives like us to find you work does it?

As for "real developers" The world doesn't owe you a living. As we agents are constantly told FIFO
                  DA don't fall for this sockie's tulip.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    DA don't fall for this sockie's tulip.
                    thanks sue ellen!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      A plumber near me must have had the same training.

Been blown out twice now, and no apology or even a quick call to say he couldn't make it!

Mind you, alarm bells should have rung louder as soon as he called me "buddy"!

It may sound a bit of an eccentric view, but I think there's something weird and slightly creepy when British people call one "buddy". Like "pal", it often seems like a sign of passive aggression at the very least and sometimes outright hostility, although "mate" isn't so bad.
                      You wouldn't like it around here then, some of them call me "love"

Comment

Working...
                      X