• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU learning the hard way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Firstly, I don't always agree with all NATs decisions, however he can be reasoned with, which is indeed very rare on most forums.

DA will get over it, being an agent, he has the hide of a Rhino
    Enough people have questioned it. We're defending a bloody pimp here. Surely that's message enough.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      how did I know it would be my fault! I could be sexist here but I will rise above it
      You are a married man you are use to it.

If I can't see things, then I have to base my opinions on what I can see.

Your assumption I am clairvoyant and omnipresent is very flattering but despite what you & my wife believe I'm not psychic or a deity.
      Humans are complicated. What they say or write is not always what they mean.

If I'm wrong tell me why or that its none of my business. Don't assume I know what is going on and get aggressive.
      I have a cold and feel tulip so getting cross with you and then writing ranting carp on another thread was amusing.

And to be fair I didn't want to be like those posters in other threads who say things like "My friend says", "My sister says" etc. with " and 10 of the other women I know with different doctors agree with them".

Other bannings have been accompanied by text such as 'and misbehaviour via private messages' which we all respect. I don't mind posting some general crud (I read the mail for Deity's sake) but sending offensive PMs isn't on.

If that was what was happening then sorry to hear that.
      The only idiot who sent me a rude PM got some mouthfuls in public.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Why are you apologising, he banned someone without giving a reason then said if you don't like it piss off elsewhere. If there was something more to it then the colossal prick could have mentioned it rather than being a big drama queen.
        Because despite finding NAT frustrating he is actually an intelligent chap doing a dirty job.

I used to do that, but for various reasons I don't anymore. I also won't say if there is not more to it than that.
        I'm prepared to accept there was more to it and I don't know.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          One question then NAT - why 7 days rather than 24 hours?
          Sorry, but can't answer that.

how did I know it would be my fault! I could be sexist here but I will rise above it
          Says vetran, passively aggressively not rising above it and thereby being sexist.

If I can't see things, then I have to base my opinions on what I can see.
          The trick is to allow for the fact that there may be more to it. Where you give the benefit of the doubt, and how much, is entirely up to you.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Sorry, but can't answer that.

Says vetran, passively aggressively not rising above it and thereby being sexist.

The trick is to allow for the fact that there may be more to it. Where you give the benefit of the doubt, and how much, is entirely up to you.
            I was joking, SueEllen thought it was funny or at least she joked with it. She may have constructed a Vetran Voodoo doll for all I know, would explain the back ache!

physician heal thyself.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was joking, SueEllen thought it was funny or at least she joked with it. She may have constructed a Vetran Voodoo doll for all I know, would explain the back ache!

physician heal thyself.
              Nah that would take too much effort.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Ah the man without a dictionary is back.

The word bigot is a contraction of the phrase "By God, I'm right". Nothing to do with projection and everything to do with hating anyone who has a different view to you. It's a very isolationist standpoint, previously used in religious arguments, but seen in other areas too.
                Basic reading comprehension would do you well before you start using a dictionary. I neither stated nor implied that bigotry had anything to do with projection.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                  Basic reading comprehension would do you well before you start using a dictionary. I neither stated nor implied that bigotry had anything to do with projection.
                  Ah, you got me there with your quick, witty comeback. 3 weeks to think it up? Are you as thick as champ, or thicker?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X