• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carpy website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    That's the rule here, works well, pedestrians, bikes, buses then cars have priority...
    He has a point. With bus lanes in London going across minor roads, cars turning left are supposed to wait for a gap in traffic in the bus lane. A car will see a bus as traffic, but a cyclist or a motorcycle is not regarded as traffic.

When I'm on the motorcycle, I just exercise extreme caution.

Comment

If I see two wheels I just tend to give way to them doesn't matter if they are right just that they are vulnerable.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Can we not make cyclists pass a test before being allowed to ride a bike on our roads? They have something similar for car drivers.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
          Yeah, but this twat wants cars turning left to give way to bicycles undertaking them.
          Madness.
          Running over or colliding with a bike will just delay your journey so it's common sense to give way to them and most car drivers do. I've even had van drivers giving way to me.

Anyway the change in the law is to prevent this:

but would likely lead to more of this:
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            but would likely lead to more of this:
            Speaking as a cyclists, some people just don't help themselves and that's half of the problem. 3 minutes into the video above is evidence. (my only wtf moment, maybe the angle makes it look worse)

But then most people (drivers and cyclists) pick and choose which road law they want to follow as they know best.

Comment

Better petition here:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/170280

Personally I think it should be legal to crush cyclists. And pedestrians, other drivers using MY roads etc.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Can we not make cyclists pass a test before being allowed to ride a bike on our roads? They have something similar for car drivers.
                Start a petition then
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  As the legal age for passing such a test will be 5 it would be pointless.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

many 5 year olds would manage to remember helmet, lights & reflective clothing at night so would vastly exceed the ability of most cyclists.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Not if kids under a certain age may only ride with adults [who have passed the test]. Or if younger riders may only ride during daylight hours or restricted to certain classes of road. Piddling around your back lane and venturing out onto a busy multi-lane main road are pretty different - what ARE the rules out of interest?

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      many 5 year olds' parents would manage to remember helmet, lights & reflective clothing at night so would vastly exceed the ability of most cyclists.
                      FTFY. Also if these cyclists not wearing all that guff are so hard to see, how can you confidently state how many of them there are? It's like some form of dark matter surely, hard to detect
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X