• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those naughty boys at the Wail & RT are making it all up again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Many times, it was a fantastic experience.

Highly recommended
    Have you done an inter-country flight in Africa or South America?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      No, not yet, India, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Andaman and Cook Islands have been more than enough
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        No, not yet, India, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Andaman and Cook Islands have been more than enough
        The risk of the plane crashing is more than getting killed by a terrorist in the UK.

Comment

Intra-country in Africa is worse than inter.
          A couple in RSA, but they were on normal planes. Half a dozen in Botswana. Two of the planes I was in crashed within a month of my flights. Five in Kenya on the last trip. Only one of them was on a >10 seater, and that plane was the worst.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The risk of the plane crashing is more than getting killed by a terrorist in the UK.
            Yeh, well luckily seem to have 9 lives, needed a few in my time
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Intra-country in Africa is worse than inter.
              A couple in RSA, but they were on normal planes. Half a dozen in Botswana. Two of the planes I was in crashed within a month of my flights. Five in Kenya on the last trip. Only one of them was on a >10 seater, and that plane was the worst.
              Depends on the country.

I made the mistake of looking on that pilots forum a few years ago. Oddly I only fly to, from and in certain countries....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                No. You can't.

You can only ever reduce risk, you can never avoid it. The effort involved in lowering risk further can cost too much, and/or cause concomitant increase in risk elsewhere, and/or restrict our current freedoms to such an extent as to make life unlivable.
                Oh dear Pedant alert...

So the danger of being killed by an ISIS or other terrorist is significant. To reduce the risk lets just not let anyone in unless we can be sure they are innocent and then we will have reduced it significantly.

I'll look after the road bit!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Oh dear Pedant alert...

So the danger of being killed by an ISIS or other terrorist is significant. To reduce the risk lets just not let anyone in unless we can be sure they are innocent and then we will have reduced it significantly.

I'll look after the road bit!
                  So, are you saying we need to ban people with extremist views or supporters of violence?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    ...So the danger of being killed by an ISIS or other terrorist is significant. ...
                    No, it isn't.

The chances of being killed by a terrorist is not significant.
                    The chances of a terrorists trying to get into Europe through refugee channels has been deemed to be significant.
                    The powers that be have decided that the sufficient and proportionate response is to beef up security across borders.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X