• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All new police officers must have a degree from next year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prospective officers can either complete a three-year "degree apprenticeship", a postgraduate conversion course or a degree.
    So just a way to pay them tulip salaries for the first 3 years, or force them into indentured servitude student loans debts.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      In my limited interaction with the rozzers they've always come across as not very bright
      My experience too. I think they come across as not very bright because they're not very bright. Also they're c***s.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        My experience too. I think they come across as not very bright because they're not very bright. Also they're c***s.
        It takes a "special" kind of person to be a police officer.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thanks, that brightened my day.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Have we done this one?

All new police officers in England and Wales to have degrees - BBC News

In my limited interaction with the rozzers they've always come across as not very bright, so probably a good thing.
            Assuming a crap degree is better than nothing.
            It's not 2020 next year You can't just skip most of Trump's first term no matter how much you want to.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why do you hate the fuzz so much?

They're probably pretty average, brains wise... which is to say not especially bright. I think they're trained NOT to think too much but follow the procedures rigidly. And then most become bitter and expect the worst in everyone because that's what they see day in day out.

Thankless, I don't know why people want to do it unless to have a career advancing up the ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Why do you hate the fuzz so much?

They're probably pretty average, brains wise... which is to say not especially bright. I think they're trained NOT to think too much but follow the procedures rigidly. And then most become bitter and expect the worst in everyone because that's what they see day in day out.

Thankless, I don't know why people want to do it unless to have a career advancing up the ranks.
                would agree with this, a niece was a PCSO and the stories she tells of the Police being an extension of mental health & social services would make your hair curl.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  would agree with this, a niece was a PCSO and the stories she tells of the Police being an extension of mental health & social services would make your hair curl.
                  If you don't spend enough money on one area of social provision then other services e.g. police, firefighters, NHS have to take up the slack.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I don't think I know any coppers, a couple of retired officers, but a friend of mine became a PCSO a few years back. She's young and one of the most positive and bubbly people you'd meet... but after only this short time you can sense it being slowly wrung out of her.

Comment

Ex-flat mate in a shared house was in the Met, his stories about cleaning up after jumpers on the tracks were some of the worst I've heard

Comment

Working...
                      X