• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5 years straight contracting anniversary coming up ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Don't hate the haters, I'll say it for everyone.

Winner
    Cheers Admin, but it was more a musing observation than a boast. As other OPs have noted there are some who've worked longer and harder. Makes you think why you contract though if you can't take longer breaks than the average permie
    Will spend the Christmas break working out if there is any way of working less ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      I'm knackered and unfortunately neither am I wealthy
      I'm not knackered, because generally the work is a breeze and I try and lodge near clientco from Monday to Thursday so no ball-busting commutes.

But I'm with you in not being wealthy (in readies anyway - I lucked out with property).

Rates don't seem to have risen at all really for at least fifteen years!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Rates don't seem to have risen at all really for at least fifteen years!
        Depends on the skill set. This is probably one for its own thread but do you spend time and money retraining?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Congrats SAS, good run.

Remember people a lot of people work a lot harder than us for lots less.

I'm currently in a bit of a hiatus between projects, luckily still being paid.

Work from home and can go to the gym for a long lunch.

Next projects are coming in January.
          Last edited by vetran; 15 December 2016, 16:41.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            ... with no bench time.

Maybe I work too hard.

Actually tell a lie, I took 3 months off a while ago. Voluntary though.
            I thought you said you retired 5 years ago?

Comment

5 years straight contracting anniversary coming up ....
              And how much gay and trans contracting?

I haven't been on the bench since the 3 weeks it took to get my first contract as a contractor in Switzerland. That was at the beginning of 2005. Plenty of 1 to 2 week vacations though.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                I thought you said you retired 5 years ago?
                Yes that was when I started working from home. It seemed a doss to start with, a kind of semi-retirement, not having to commute
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes that was when I started working from home. It seemed a doss to start with, a kind of semi-retirement, not having to commute
                  Nice to watch afternoon tulipe on TV while wifey is working in office, eh?

Comment

Actually tell a lie, I took 3 months off a while ago. Voluntary though.
                    That would have been when you went on that Residential Course to fine tune your Smugness and Pomposity!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      That would have been when you went on that Residential Course at Her Majesty's pleasure
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X