• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“I think I’d better leave now."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    An obscure off topic reference to Paul Hardcastle's 1985 hit?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      An obscure off topic reference to Paul Hardcastle's 1985 hit?
      No, that's a legendary CUK meme that I've invented

Comment

Originally posted by Mainframe gent View Post
        If the EU is to be effective it has to have full control.
        Quite possibly, but as it will NEVER have full control, it can never end up being effective. There is plenty of evidence to support this too. They are not even in full control of their own accounts FFS!

At the moment it gets blamed for everything yet it does not have the power to solve problems.
        It is incapable of solving problems. It is nothing more than a poor man's version of the UN. A pointless talking shop with all the relevance of the Teletubbies!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The EU has to work and if Britain leaving means it reforms itself then good. it will then be difficult for the UK to remain out. The nation state is not the future for civilisation

Comment

The EU has to work and if Britain leaving means it reforms itself then good. it will then be difficult for the UK to remain out. The nation state is not the future for civilisation
            Agree with this. I believe that the UK leaving will be the first major blow to the existing model of EU. I expect others to quickly follow suit up until a point where critical mass is reached and the current bloated profligate fiasco implodes.
            It would then make perfect sense for the UK to be in the vanguard when it comes to rebuilding a more economically sustainable model.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X