• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Former soldiers to be prosecuted for IRA man's murder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    The rest of the time was spent honing the many skills that have seen me earn plenty of money in the Telecomms field ever since.
    So they connected your sentry's hut up, then?

"Sarge, there's some VIPs here, what shall I do"

"FFS you useless potato peeler, check their IDs and show them through, double time, now."

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      According to the article, they've decided there is sufficient reliable evidence to bring about a prosecution.
      Can you not just permaban the OP anyway ??
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        So they connected your sentry's hut up, then?

"Sarge, there's some VIPs here, what shall I do"

"FFS you useless potato peeler, check their IDs and show them through, double time, now."

As with so many other things, you display a remarkably ill-informed view of how the military operates. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised as, having failed the physical for the Brownies, you would never have come close to being involved with it.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Indeed it was. But that was down to good fortune. However, unlike you, at least I was prepared to go into action for my country had it been required.
          This.

There was one bloke who I served with who by brown nosing got himself a cushy exercise role as a shelter marshal. Basically he just sat at the hardened shelter door making sure everyone had a respirator on when they went out. He did, however, also get trained in the use of nuclear and chemical detection kit.

A few months later GW1 came around and it just so happened that the army was short of people trained on the above kit. Feck how we laughed as he got told "do not pass go, report to the med center for jabs, collect your kit and report to some army camp. your attached to some infanty battalion". His white ashen face and quivering lip were a sight to behold as the rest of us RAF Techies revelled in our good fortune at not being a shelter marshal.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
          X