• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talk me out of a Porsche?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nucastle View Post
    Don't buy a 911 if it's a 996 or 997 (non turbo) .......

Is a 996 Trubo S Cabriolet in Black with Black okay

The 996 is unloved and I could not afford a 997 so ended up in something that I liked and many hated.

Unsure how but 5 years later and I can still almost get my money back

OP - buy one that you like. Do your research and pay a littlle more for one that has had all the foibles sorted. Some great indies out there. If buying new, ensure you find a sales and service guy/women that you bond with, as some of them can be "up themself".

I have never experienced "Porsche hatred" but then a mature guy, decently attired and driving sensibly may be a factor

Buy the marque and you will realise that they are fantastic cars.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      The guy in 911 is smiling all the way
      Having a blow job no doubt
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Is there much of a difference between Cayman and the s version? I know the stats but I mean actual difference?
        Other Porsche drivers pity you if you don't get the S. The spec is a bit better too. If you're buying second hand, make sure you check the specs - there are that many options on the cars that you may miss out with a lower end Cayman. Getting a Cayman S gives you a head start on that front.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Buy what you can afford. But what you like, but not what others tell you. Inform yourself, join a forum such as BoXa.net, and you will come out the other side much wiser.

I've run a Boxster S for the past 9 years. My wife now drives it as a daily. It fits my full size golf bag in the rear trunk and a trolley in the front one. (Hence why I bought it over a 911).

Been reliable and enough performance for me.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Other Porsche drivers pity you if you don't get the S. The spec is a bit better too. If you're buying second hand, make sure you check the specs - there are that many options on the cars that you may miss out with a lower end Cayman. Getting a Cayman S gives you a head start on that front.
            Sorry, I meant purely from a driving perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Sorry, I meant purely from a driving perspective.
              Oh right. So the experience you will have is driving around knowing everyone is looking at you shaking their heads wondering why you didn't get the S model and having to reverse park it all the time to hide the missing S off the back.

HTH.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Oh right. So the experience you will have is driving around knowing everyone is looking at you shaking their heads wondering why you didn't get the S model and having to reverse park it all the time to hide the missing S off the back.

HTH.
                The humiliation would have started as you left the dealers car park, the dealers look a mixture of derision combined with the bitter feeling of less earned commision.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  The humiliation would have started as you left the dealers car park, the dealers look a mixture of derision combined with the bitter feeling of less earned commision.
                  My name is woohoo and I went for the Cayman, without the S.

I've drawn the S on with black marker pen.

Comment

Post 1994 XJS V12 Droptop. Guaranteed classic status and prices are starting to rise.

Comment

Talk me out of a Porsche?

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      Post 1994 XJS V12 Droptop. Guaranteed classic status and prices are starting to rise.
                      Why post '94?

Is that when they sorted the wiring issues?

Great looking motor [emoji106]🏽
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X