• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorry kills nine at Christmas market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    In other words be careful sending petty criminals who are idiots to prison.
    Most of the prison population are idiots. If they weren't they wouldn't have been caught.

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Only if they actually sought asylum. What's to stop a few (or many) simply walking across he border and disappearing? If their intention was to cause "trouble" they wouldn't want to be on any databases.
    Your original statement was that Merkel was
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    ... letting these people into Germany with no questions asked...
    When I countered that by pointing out that questions are asked, you then come up with some nonsense of people "walking across the border". What next? "But what if they cover themselves with white paint, shave their beards and pretend to be Tory Lords"?

As anyone who has the slightest clue about the refugee/migrant crisis in Europe would know, the various national borders within the Schengen area have been closed or restricted now for many months. There is no question of people "walking across". Anyone without the right paperwork will be turned back, with the instructions that if they wish to claim asylum they must do so in the country they're already in.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I'm amongst Germans daily, from my work to my language lessons. Never a reactionary statement from such events. No knee-jerk calling for radical action. Polar opposite thinking from the UK. Neither does it means they're tree hugging idealists. If they see a situation a bullet will be used. You'll not see a wishy washy capture option with a court case dragging out for years.
      Same here. My German colleagues have been very calm about it. Very different to the UK's reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Hard to fault her logic when you consider they have been trying to struggle past with intellectual lightweights like darmstadt and scooterscot greasing the wheels of industry.

Oh the petty little fascist is off again...sad isn't it?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

the nice thing with Shaun is his reliability

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Touch a nerve did I jellyhead?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

man o man

haven't we grown out of this yet

Milan.

Comment

I am a doughnut.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  I am a doughnut.
                  "Ich bin ein Berliner".....shirley?
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
                    Same here. My German colleagues have been very calm about it. Very different to the UK's reaction.
                    Which UK reaction is that?

Comment

You tell me little Nigel Hitler...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X