For the Middle Aged Childless on this Forum For the Middle Aged Childless on this Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1

    Banned

    Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,135

    Default For the Middle Aged Childless on this Forum

    I don't have kids. And I'm at an age where I'm probably not going to bother now.

    Which sometimes is sad.

    But then I look at things in a different way and think I've dodged a bullet. Like today; I was in the centre of Bristol and this woman was going completely postal on her other half.

    "The child hasn't eaten and all you want to do is look at pathetic records!!!!"

    It stopped the street.

    And these were no chavs but she could loosely be described, from her appearance and demeanour, as a hairy armpitted feminazi. Poor bastard. There are some fekking psychos out there.

    Fortunately I neve married one myself...

  2. #2

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I don't have kids. And I'm at an age where I'm probably not going to bother now.

    Which sometimes is sad.

    But then I look at things in a different way and think I've dodged a bullet. Like today; I was in the centre of Bristol and this woman was going completely postal on her other half.

    "The child hasn't eaten and all you want to do is look at pathetic records!!!!"

    It stopped the street.

    And these were no chavs but she could loosely be described, from her appearance and demeanour, as a hairy armpitted feminazi. Poor bastard. There are some fekking psychos out there.

    Fortunately I neve married one myself...
    Well you know she may have had a point - some blokes are fuukin useless.

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Well you know she may have had a point - some blokes are fuukin useless.
    PM to Brillo. One of your ex-wives has logged in as Original PM.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  4. #4

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I don't have kids. And I'm at an age where I'm probably not going to bother now.

    Which sometimes is sad.

    But then I look at things in a different way and think I've dodged a bullet. Like today; I was in the centre of Bristol and this woman was going completely postal on her other half.

    "The child hasn't eaten and all you want to do is look at pathetic records!!!!" ..
    Pretty misguided of her to complain about that. I mean researching your family tree is an inexpensive hobby.

    Imagine what she would have said if he collected Faberge eggs or even Swiss watches!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  5. #5

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    23,034

    Default

    I do have kids - but they're all grown up. Best of both worlds.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I do have kids - but they're all grown up. Best of both worlds.
    Thats surprising. From the way you moderate this forum, I'd assumed you were about 12.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    PM to Brillo. One of your ex-wives has logged in as Original PM.
    Nah it was me - his ex wife has her hands (and mouth) full.....


  8. #8

    Godlike

    ladymuck is always on top

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,834

    Default

    I too am child free and very happy with my choice. I don't see myself as "childless" which implies something negative, like a lost opportunity.

    I also never married, live alone, and enjoy my life knowing that the only person who has the suffer the fall out of my mistakes is me.

  9. #9

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    23,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I too am child free and very happy with my choice. I don't see myself as "childless" which implies something negative, like a lost opportunity.

    I also never married, live alone, and enjoy my life knowing that the only person who has the suffer the fall out of my mistakes is me.
    And knowing that my kids (well, not mine exactly) will be paying for your pension and upkeep in your old age.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

  10. #10

    Godlike

    jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    And knowing that my kids (well, not mine exactly) will be paying for your pension and upkeep in your old age.
    She's a single contractor with no kids.



    Kerching!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •